Will Politics Stop a Wedding?
When I was perusing Great American Family movies a few years ago, I stumbled on A Prince in Paradise, and immediately fell under its charm. I was there to watch the Christmas themed sequel that aired in 2024. And I’ve been keeping my eyes opened for the promised third movie, A Royal Wedding. It was exactly what I expected, which means I enjoyed it.
If you haven’t been following the franchise, romance writer Olivia (Rhiannon Fish) met Prince Alexander of Trovia (Mitchell Bourke) while both were vacationing on a tropical island. Despite the differences in their stations in life, they fell in love, getting engaged at Christmas. Now, the time has come for them to finally wed, and they and their families are thrilled the day has arrived.
But not everyone is happy about it. One of the lords of Trovia has rallied a few other nobility to invoke a little-known law and stop the wedding the night before it is to take place. While Alexander’s mother, Queen Patricia (Andrea Moor), attempts to find a legal way to get the wedding back on track, Olivi and Alexander take their own paths to overcome the obastcle. Will the couple ever get married?
It would have been nice to see them come up with some kind of new obstacle for the couple here since this has been a theme in the first two movies. And, I get it, this is a real issue for royals over the centuries. But I feel like they could have found something new to threaten the wedding.
Because, let’s face it, we know where this movie is going to wind up. It’s right there in the movie’s title. And it’s what we’d expect from a light romance. I suspected the how, but I didn’t mind because I was enjoying hanging out with the characters again as they tried to figure things out. And yes, I might have shed a tear or two.
And this is due to the characters. They continue to be charming. I loved getting to spend time with them again.
Obviously, this is due to the acting from the cast. They bring their characters to life wonderfully and make us want to see what happens in this next chapter.
Now, this isn’t to say the movie (and franchise) don’t suffer from low-budget cheese. If that bothers you, you’ll want to steer clear. But if you can accept that, you’ll have fun with these films.
With how this movie ends, I feel like we are saying goodbye to the characters. I do feel like this is a good place to stop because I feel good about where we left the characters. But if they decided to revisit Olivia and Alexander, I’d certainly watch.
A Royal Wedding is a fun ending to the A Prince in Paradise trilogy. Fans will definitely want to tune in to see how it ends.

I usually like these type of movies. I'll have to check it out. Great review of it.
ReplyDeleteThis is airing today on GAF and just a little while ago I set the DVR to record it. I've seen the first one, but not the second two. I need to catch up, which is pretty much the story of my life. :)
ReplyDelete