Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2026

August 22nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

The list is a little short this week.  I didn't get to everything I would normally watch, but I'll catch them this coming week.

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/16) – The character development here wasn’t quite as blatant this time around.  Yeah, it was still fairly obvious to figure out where the arc was going to go, but it wasn’t as in your face.  Or may I just like it because it was something different.  It is heart breaking to think of them having to stay single.  And I did like Robert when he was normal.  Maybe that’s why.  If I hadn’t liked the guy, maybe I wouldn’t care as much.  So kudos to the actor for bringing him to life so well.

Dancing with the Stars: The Next Pro – Two days to teach a new dance to someone?  That seems impossible.  They don’t have deadlines like that on the main show.  I’m still very impressed with what the pros came up with.  I get that I’m not a judge, but it looked very good to me.

American Ninja Warrior – I’m glad Nick was okay.  I’m sure that cramp was painful, so I’m amazed he kept going.  Other than that, not sure I have too much else to comment on.  Lots of good races.  Hard to see James McGrath go home.  Very few of the old guard can keep up with these races now, it seems like.

The Quiz with Balls – They had some really tough questions in this episode.  There were several I had no clue about.  I was feeling pretty good about the questions in the bonus round, however, and knew the one that ended the game.  Curious if I could have made it to the end or not.

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/17) – I really like it when the entire team gets to shine.  And they were having fun playing each other, although I couldn’t always track who was whom even by the performances.  Still, it was fun.  And again, didn’t feel like it was a heavy-handed character development.  Plus, we got to see Merlin again.  I was wondering when he was going to pop up.

The Challenge – Cara Maria, they are asking legitimate questions.  Do you want to be there?  Because, your performance so far says no.  I get you have history on the show.  But that doesn’t matter.  What you are doing this season is what matters.  Step up your game!  Having said that, I’m happy to see Blue full off a win.  Finally.  Will be interesting to see if that momentum can continue next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.