Press Your Luck (8/20) – The winner was doing so well for so long without hitting a Whammie. But once he found him at the end there, ouch! I was afraid he might lose the game completely, but that prize at the end was huge!
Stuart Fails to Save the Universe (8/20) – So, we’ve got the peaceful savage destroyed by capitalism trope. Yes, there were some good lines, but the overall message/lecture ruined this one for me. I’d heard spoilers that there were no cameos, and I’m okay with that. Makes it even easier to forget this one.
Anna Pigeon (8/21) – I wasn’t sure where they were going when I saw a church group featured prominently. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but still, why did they have to go there? I mean, good twist from a mystery stand point, but still. I did like the message about people being able to grow and leave the past behind. That was very true.
The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/23) – I was not expecting that. Started out a little scary, and then the second half! Wow, it was powerful. Both of the characters who needed to learn something really touched me. I was chocking up just watching. Very good episode. And how perfect was the actress playing Lysa’s mom? They looked related for sure.
Dancing with the Stars: The Next Pro – I think I’m officially rooting against AJ at this point. He’s always rubbed me a little the wrong way with his arrogance, and it hit a new level for me with this episode. I was afraid it was going to be Allan’s night to go home. I’ve been rooting for him all season.
American Ninja Warrior – My only real thought is I am torn on Daniel Gill. I don’t want to see him go out, but I also didn’t want him to take over Rob’s record. Then again, if anyone was going to take over Rob’s record, I’d want it to be Daniel. So yeah, I’m torn.
The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/24) – This wasn’t a great episode, especially after the last one. Pretty predictable, and the creepy puppet thing has been done plenty. They didn’t have anything to make it stand out.
The Challenge – I’m really not sure what the strategy was during the game. It certainly looked brutal. And I’m sorry the one woman was disqualified because of her injury. That bites. Anyway, it seemed like an easy change to get Orange in the sand, but people got too paranoid. Glad Blue pulled it out again. And yes, I am over the soap opera of it all.
Stuart Fails to Save the Universe – The cud thing was fun at first, but it went on too long. Nice to see Raj again. I figured he wasn’t really dead. I’m not sure what we got out of this one. I guess there was a little character development as Stuart accepted his mission. But no real guidance on how to go about doing that.
Totally 90’s House – With the stars involved, I had to watch this show. (Plus, it helps that they are going to be talking about it on Pod Meets Twirled.) Some of those elements were dated. Others didn’t feel quite so dated to me. I mean, if you had cassette tapes, then you would want a player for them, right? It will be interesting to see what they teams come up with.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.