Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2026

August 8th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Only one week of shows, but there sure are a lot of them now.  It's going to be a busy August leading into the fall season.

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/2) – Two episodes a week, these 10 episodes will all air in August.  That aside, I’m sure we aren’t supposed to trust Merlin, but it will be interesting to see if he’s the big bad or not.  Fun to see Dominic Monaghan popping up here.  I did like their confessions.  I felt it took the character development a little deeper than we often get on the show.

Dancing with the Stars: The Next Pro – I wasn’t too surprised at who went home.  Or who else was in the bottom two.  Seems like bending the rules almost didn’t pay off, and Shirley is definitely the Len of this show.  I do feel sorry for the couple that went home.  I know there can only be one winner, but I really want everyone to succeed at this point.

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (8/3) – They had a preview from this one last week from the chase scene near the end of the episode.  It was nice to see it in context and see how they overcame it.  Pretty clever episode and fun overall.  I do wish (and yes, I know how ironic that is to say for this episode) that they weren’t quite so obvious with the character development.  Still, that’s a minor complaint.

American Ninja Warrior – Not sure I have too much to say.  Nice to see Barclay hit a buzzer.  Glad Daniel Gill is moving on.  And nice for the Folsoms to get all three family members to the finals.

The Challenge – I wasn’t expecting two episodes.  I wish they would remind us who the people are as well as which team they are on.  Not that I knew too many of the new players this season.  Is it too early to say we have a dominant team?  It seems we have one, but it will be interesting to see if that holds.  Just glad Bananas didn’t get sent home first.  Yes, I know he’s considered a villain, but I like the guy.

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe – Another member of the original cast pops up.  And what a fun twists with her.  Yes, a bit predictable, but still fun.  Also loved the other cameo.  Not sure I like what they are doing with Denise, but we’ll see how it plays out.

Press Your Luck – What a rollercoaster!  From no Whammies in the early parts to losing it all at the end because of all those extra spins.

Anna Pigeon – I’ve never read these books but always been curious about them, so I thought I’d give the show a chance.  I was surprised that the show had a mystery of the week.  I assumed we’d be solving this one mystery over the course of the season, so I expected more.  The scenery is beautiful.  But overall, I wasn’t that impressed.  I found the writing and acting painful at times, and this is coming from a Hallmark channel watcher.  Hopefully, it will work itself out as the season goes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.