Saturday, November 18, 2017

November 18th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I eliminated one show this week.  Unfortunately, only a half hour show.  I really need to cut back on TV.

Once Upon a Time (11/10) – Ivy cast the curse?  After learning from Regina?  Did not see that twist coming.  Oh, I know Regina was trying to help Ivy, but it didn’t turn out that way at all.  I’m most curious out how she “hero proofed” the curse.  And I’m sure there is some way around it, but until we know for sure what it is, I can’t figure out how they’d get around it.  I’m sure it has something to do with Storybrooke, but what exact that is, I don’t know.

Supergirl – I feel like this was a light week for all the regulars to give them time for the crossover.  Not that it was a bad episode, but they were planning ahead, I’m sure.  I loved the shout out to Chloe from Smallville.  Yes, I know she’s now part of the comics, but she started on Smallville, so I’m considering it a shout out to that show.

Dancing with the Stars – I really should have been Drew.  Don’t get me wrong, I like Drew, but I feel like he’s the weakest dancer left.  Still, it is Jordan’s to lose at this point.  The others are strong, but he is so far above them.

The Flash – They are definitely having fun this season.  Heck, I was laughing from the very beginning of the episode.  The mugger was great.  The counsel of Wells was funny, too.  And the new guy is right on the line between super annoying and pretty fun.  I hope they don’t cross over to all annoying.

Lethal Weapon – I’m not sure the sub-plots scenes without Riggs and Martaugh worked for me this week.  The sub-plot was rather stupid, and going back to search just seemed weird.  However, the rest was powerful stuff.  Not as much humor, but watching Riggs with his old friends was so hard at times.

Legends of Tomorrow – Don’t get me wrong, I had fun with this episode.  The Freaky Friday sub-plot was great, and the two actors did a fairly good job of playing each other.  But can’t we just let Darhk die already?  This is the third season he’s been a villain now in the Arrowverse.  And I expected to like have another woman in the cast, but if it is just going to be a chance for them to bad mouth men, I’m less than impressed.

This is Us – Wow.  What a heavy episode.  Jack’s struggles being mirrored in the modern day Kevin was pitch perfect as always.  But what really hurt was Kevin’s breakdown on the lawn.  And then for that whiplash final scene.  I’m not looking forward to next week at all.

Survivor – I really thought Joe was going to go home, especially after the tie.  I get that Desi is a threat at challenges, but Joe is obnoxious.  Please, don’t make the same mistake next week.  Get him off my TV!

Designated Survivor – I really feel for Leo.  The first friend he’s tried to have over in a year and it’s someone who is using him?  Ouch!  At least Kirkman came up with a way to save the day again.  They’ve wrapped up the murder investigation, too.  But where are they going with the “bribery” story.

The Big Bang Theory – Raj’s new relationship didn’t last long.  And we got to see Barry again, if only very briefly.  I’m happy for the actor having a full-time job on another show, but I miss his character here.  I’m wondering if the actress who plays Bernadette is really on bed rest or if they just decided to go with this to shake up the pregnancy storylines since they did this not that long ago.

Young Sheldon – I laughed once over the course of this episode.  This show just isn’t working for me, so I’m dropping it from my list.  Obviously, I still have plenty to watch.

Arrow – Everyone knows about Diggle now.  I’m glad because I get tired of secrets that drag out forever.  Hopefully, we can fix that for good soon now that everyone knows.  I wonder when and how Slade will show back up because you know this story with his son isn’t over.

The Orville – I began to suspect something was off when Clair went crazy.  Although did she ever sell that scene in the cell.  I wasn’t sure where they were going with it.  Classic sci-fi trick episode, but I did like it overall.  There were some very funny moments in the midst of the tension.  And yes, I did catch Voyager’s Doctor’s scene.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Joe was going to go, too. We can hope for next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.