Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Ornament Review: Ursula - 2017 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfectly captures Ursula and her personality
Cons: I don’t want to cross her by naming any cons
The Bottom Line:
Return to villains
Personality captured
In limited piece





By Her Body Language, You Can Tell Ursula is Thrilled to be on Your Tree

Years ago, Hallmark tried to have a series with the Disney villains, and it must not have proved to be too successful judging by the fact that it lasted only 3 years.  I’m a bit surprised to see them return to the idea almost 20 years later with Ursula, a 2017 limited edition ornament.

I’d be hard pressed to find a better ornament of this multi-legged villain.  She is standing on her body with her legs shooting out around her.  One hand in on her waist and the other is on her chest right next to the shell she used to capture Ariel’s voice.  She is smiling and you can almost picture that they’ve caught her saying, “Me?  Of course I’m a genius,” just as she starts to laugh.

Honestly, I can’t think of a better look for Ursula.  This ornament has captured her personality perfectly.  And, while I don’t normally go for Disney villain merchandise, the DisNerd in me couldn’t pass this ornament up.  Honestly, I’m hoping they do more Disney villains as limited edition ornaments if not part of the regular line.

With all of Ursula’s legs, it’s no surprise that she stands up perfectly.  Or, if you want to hang your Christmas ornament (shocking, I know), you’ll find that she hangs straight as well.  I’m sure she’d prefer to hang crooked, but no such luck with this piece.

I hope Hallmark continues to use limited edition ornaments to highlight more Disney villains and other less popular Disney characters.  As for me, I should probably get some ornaments with other characters from The Little Mermaid now that I have Ursula.

Looking for more Disney villains?  You’ll want to check out the Unforgettable Villains series.

Original Price: $15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.