Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Ornament Review: Christmas Windows #16 - Keepsake Korners Cafe - 2018 Hallmark Release


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute Christmas scene
Cons: The thought of sitting down outside makes me cold
The Bottom Line:
Take a break for treat
Fun Christmas details again
Make this a winner




Need to Recharge?  Stop by the Keepsake Korners Café for a Treat

I’ve been disappointed with Hallmark’s Christmas Windows series for the last couple years because they didn’t have a Christmas theme to them.  I’m very happy to say that has been fixed with the 2018 entry in the series.

This year, the ornament features a café, and even a quick glance tells you that this café is getting into the holiday spirit since the paint around the window is green and the awning out front is red and white striped.  Inside the window is a copper kettle of hot chocolate and a display rack of freshly baked cookies.  These treats are very festive – Santa heads and green stars.  They’ve actually set up a chair out front, and a little girl is sitting out there holding her hot chocolate and playing with her cat.  Behind the girl are red brinks and the café’s address, which just happens to be 2018.  When you turn the ornament around, you’ll see a sign advertising the special of the day – hot chocolate.  Under the window are shelves with cups, plates, a cake, and a tea pot.

I’m not a cold weather person – there is a reason I live in Southern California.  So the idea of sitting outside in the winter, even while drinking hot chocolate, is completely foreign to me.  Yet, there is something very cute about that aspect of the scene, and I appreciate the creativity, especially since this isn’t the first food place we’ve had in the series.  Overall, this is a very charming ornament that will make anyone who looks at it hungry and thirsty for Christmas treats.  Like I need an incentive to eat more sweets.

As with the rest of the series, this ornament has a nice flat base.  It is part of a building, after all.  You’ll also find the series marker on the bottom of the ornament.  Can you believe we are up to 16?

Not surprising, this ornament hangs straight.  The ornaments in this series all do that, so I’d be surprised if one didn’t.

It’s so wonderful to see this series once again the remembering the Christmas part of the Christmas Windows title.  I’m thrilled to have it in my collection.

Collect more of this town with the rest of the Christmas Windows series.

Original Price: $19.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.