Saturday, December 3, 2022

December 3rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Two weeks worth of TV to cover.  It's what happens when most of the shows you watch are on Wednesdays.

The Santa Clauses (11/23) – This was the best episode so far.  Clearly, now that they have moved beyond the set up, they can get to the real story.  I hope the second half of the season continues to build on this momentum.

Survivor (11/23) – Sorry to see Noelle leave, especially after such an epic come back in the reward challenge.  But I completely understand why she was voted out.  I would have done that as well.

The Amazing Race (11/23) – Surprised the twins are still in this.  Not upset, mind you, but surprised.  I guess we’ll see if they make it to the finale.  I would not have done well with the tight rope walking challenge.  But it looks like everyone made it in one, which is impressive.

Lego Masters (11/23) – I’m shocked Austin and Justin left with Nick and Stacy being in the bottom two again.  I can see the judge’s comments on both of their builds.  I’m definitely rooting for brothers Brendan and Greg at this point, although I truly love all the teams left.

Lego Masters (11/24) – And that is why I love Lego Masters so much.  The teams are competitors, but they have also formed bonds.  I loved how everyone was comforting Emily and Liam when the timer went off.  And how everyone was affected when they were eliminated.  I wasn’t surprised they were eliminated, but I was sorry to see that happen since I really do like them.  And Nick and Stacy survived another week in the bottom two.

The Santa Clauses (11/30) – They can’t leave us there!  This show now has Santa Clause 2 vibes where we’ve got someone destroying Christmas at the North Pole as Scott is back in the real world.  I’m very curious to see where they are going to go with it.  But I’m glad I stuck it out.

Stargirl (11/30) – What?  I actually started saying that at the last commercial break.  So many things clicked into place with that reveal.  But that cliffhanger?  It’s going to be a very long week.  And I loved the quieter character moments, like Courtney’s monolog about Pat.  When the show is working, it works wonderfully.  Which means, yes, I am a little worried this is wind up disappointing me.  But so far their finales have all been good.

Survivor (11/30) – Sammi was definitely right to play his shot in the dark.  Would have been very interesting to see what would have happened had he been save.  Amazing watching that challenge unfold and the dual winners.  Very much deserved, glad the producers gave it to them both.

The Amazing Race (11/30) – The sisters are still in it!  I’ve been saying for weeks they were going to leave at any point, and yet they made it to the final leg.  I don’t blame the team that gave up.  They knew they were in last, and the challenge wasn’t working for them.  As much as I love the water, I can see it, too.  I hate cold, so it would have been a real struggle for me to do that challenge, too.  As much fun as some of those challenges looked, how cold it would be is all I could think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.