Friday, May 17, 2024

May 17th's Friday Post

Welcome to Friday!  It's time for another Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

For the first three, I'm pulling quotes from The Last Thing Claire Wanted by Karin Fitz Sanford.

 


This is a mystery, but a darker mystery than I would normally read.  Darker, but good.  It starts with a prologue, so I'm sharing the beginning of that and chapter one as well for the book beginning:

Prologue:

Just a few hundred yards from St. Paul's Parish School, the old adobe home stood in ruins in an overgrown and neglected orchard. It was fenced off and condemned by the city, but that only added to its allure for adolescent boys and the occasional vagrant.


Chapter One:

Anne McCormack rolled off the futon, got to her feet, and checked her watch. Seriously, not even ten o'clock?

Meanwhile, on page 56, we find this:

The ringing of the phone broke her reverie. It was Anne.
"Claire, hello. My uncle just called with the news: Danny's case is being reopened, effective today. He'll be contacting you soon."

I'll be sharing my review on Monday, so I hope you'll come back then.

Meanwhile, let's close things off with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you consider yourself a book collector or a book hoarder?

I consider myself a collector.  But given how I have piles of books all over the condo, I think hoarder is probably the more accurate description.  I really need to weed through my collection and get rid of books I will never read or never read again.

6 comments:

  1. I like the description of the run down house and orchard. I can picture it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quotes make the book sound good. I do like a dark read sometimes.

    I'm definitely a bit of both - collector and hoarder.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/05/17/book-blogger-hop-a-book-collector-or-a-book-hoarder/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of that book and it sounds good. My problem with all the books I've accumulated is that I want to keep them all! I suppose that makes me a hoarder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to collect books and have a lot of physical books pile everywhere. My problem is that I don't have enough room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Saturday!
    Whew, it's been a crazy week. I'm just now able to get to FLF. 😥
    I'm just starting No Place Like Home by Jess Mastorakos.
    "I don't wanna go." It was a simple statement, yet I worked very hard to keep a petulant pout off my lips as I looked at my manager in the mirror's reflection.
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this sounds interesting! I haven't come across this one yet but it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I collect some books but for the most part I tend to resell the books I don't plan on rereading - especially paperbacks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.