Friday, May 24, 2024

May 24th's Friday Post

It's Friday!  And it's the start of a long weekend here in the States.  But before we officially get there, it's time for a Friday post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, I'm my teasers for the first three come from Kill or Bee Killed by Jennie Marts.


This is the second in the Bee Keeping Mysteries.  And here's how it begins:

Bailey Briggs wrinkled her nose at the scent of stale beer and cheap perfume, barely masked by the lavender air freshener in the bar’s restroom. “I told you this was a bad idea,” she whisper-yelled as she hoisted her best friend up toward the small window that sat two-thirds of the way up the wall.

Now if that doesn't catch you attention, I don't know what will.  Meanwhile, at 56% into the ARC, we find this:

“Oh poo,” Evie said. “We were racing over here to catch the end of the pageant. How did the aunts do?”

The book won't be out until June 4th, but you don't have to wait that long for my review.  It will be up on Tuesday.  I hope you'll come back to see what I thought.

Meanwhile, let's switch gears to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

What's your favorite outdoor reading spot, and do you have any advice for creating the perfect outdoor reading experience?

I don't tend to read outside.  I have a condo, so the only real outside I have is a small patio that isn't really that inviting for anything like reading.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. The snippets sound good. Thanks very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quotes catch my attention! I love the cover too.

    We only have a small garden but I prefer to read indoors 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/05/24/book-blogger-hop-favourite-outdoor-reading-spot/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I was thinking how cute this looks and then I realized it looked familair, I think I tried the first one in this series but ended up dnf-ing it sadly :( I wanted to like it so badly coz how adorable and I like honey and bees but something about the first one's romantic interest put me off. Alas. I am glad you're enjoying it though coz I do love fun cozies <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading The Road Before Us by Janine Rosche. It is SO good!
    "I arise to the melody of birdsong outside my window."
    Have a great weekend, and happy reading! 🙂♥📚

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds good. I have the series on my wish list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely intrigued by that opening paragraph!
    It's a bummer you don't have a good outside reading spot; I have a deck where I can read (at least until the wasps discover me).

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I read outdoors it is usually just in my own backyard. The Washington Coast is too windy, usually, when we visit, and the mountains too cold. I attempted an outdoor read when we were in Palm Springs a few years ago but it was too hot. Sounds like Goldilocks, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm terrified of bees (which is why I'm an indoor reader as well), but I might be able to handle a beekeeping cozy series to read. Enjoy your long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series is on my wishlist. It sounds so good! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to not read outside either. We have such a narrow window where mosquitos aren't out it's hard to really enjoy it. I really want to read this series. It looks like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.