Monday, September 23, 2024

Ornament Review: A World Within #10 - A Gnome and His Home - 2024 Hallmark Release

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Cute gnome outside his house
Cons: Really no Christmas theme; also, he’s OUTSIDE
The Bottom Line:
Meet a friendly gnome
Little Christmas connection
But it is still cute




I’ll Be Gnome for Christmas

Every year in January, I say I’m going to stop collecting Hallmark ornaments.  Or at least cut way down on how many I collect each year.  And yet, I keep buying more.  One of the series I think about stopping is the A World Within series.  But since this year is the tenth in the series, I wound up getting it anyway.

This year, we are getting away from the Christmassy themes.  We’ve got a gnome outside his house.  His house, of course, is a mushroom.  Or do they live in toadstools?  Either way, it’s got a fun roof that is mostly red with white parts.  The gnome is dressed in blue with a red hat, and he’s outside waving at us.  Yes, this is a winter scene.  How can we tell?  The ornament has a nice white glittery base, so clearly the gnome is standing in snow to wave at us.

Since the base is flat, you can set it out to be enjoyed anywhere.  And you’ll find the series marker on the bottom of the ornament.

You will want to keep the size in mind when picking where to display it.  This is a miniature ornament.  It’s a little larger than many Hallmark miniature ornaments since it’s about an inch and a half tall and about an inch wide.  But still, it would be easy for it to get lost if you aren’t careful about where you put it.

For those, like me, who plan to hang the ornament, you’ll be happy to hear that it hangs straight.

As always for this series, the ornament is cute, and I love the detail we get on the gnome.  The rest looks great as well.

However, I’m not completely sold on this one.  First, I already mentioned that it isn’t really Christmassy.  Some of the others have been borderline, so I’m willing to let this slide a little.

My bigger complaint is that this really isn’t a world within.  Usually, the scene is inside something.  Here, the gnome is standing outside his home, and we can’t really see inside.  It’s not the same at all.

Yes, I still find it cute, but it’s my least favorite in the series so far.

If I’d given it a bit more thought, I might have skipped this entry in A World Within.  But it is nice to have ten, and I do like how it looks.

Enjoy more in the A World Within series.

1 comment:

  1. Not only is he outside, but it doesn't even look like he has a door to his home. Lol. However, I love gnomes and I still may or may not be a little obsessed with this ornament. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.