Saturday, September 28, 2024

September 28th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Rescue: HI-Surf (9/22) – I usually don’t go for these kind of shows, but I wanted to give this one a chance since I thought the surf aspect might be fun.  I think the soap opera of it all might be a turn off, however.  We’ll see how long I stick with hit.  I wasn’t completely turned off by the pilot, and I like to give a show two or three episodes before I decide if it is really for me or not.

Moonflower Murders – I’m getting a feel for the two mysteries, at least better than I was last week.  Still not sure how they will wind up tying together, but I’m only a third of the way through the series, so I’d hope I wouldn’t have it figured out yet.  And I’m still not clear on all the connections in the book to the present day.

Rescue: HI-Surf (9/23) – A little better than the pilot episode.  There were some rough story moments in the pilot, and now that they’ve introduced the storylines and characters (to an extent), they are settling in.  I liked the rescue storylines, but I’m really not liking the character stuff and soap opera elements.  I’m still not willing to completely give up on it, but we’ll see what happens.

Dancing with the Stars – Not super surprised at either of the couples that went home.  I was hoping that Tori would last longer, but her dance that first week wasn’t good.  I did like this week’s better (and love that song).  The couples at the top wowed again.  This is going to be a tight competition come November.

Survivor – It always amazes me the way people behave on the show.  It’s like they’ve never watched before and they come out so strong, annoying everyone.  Now, I get that the show is edited.  But you didn’t think maybe your reaction to losing out upset people?  Or talking when they are trying to nap?  Seriously?  I know I’ve talked in the past about the craziness of getting strong players out early, but in this case, they definitely make the right decision.

The Challenge – Did I miss it, or did we not find out what happened to the guy who hurt his ankle?  I’ll admit, I was doing other things, but I felt like we skipped right over that.  Either way, Era 1 needs a win of some kind because they are just bleeding people.  I did appreciate the woman having the sense of humor about being the only option for Era 1.  And Michele?  Picking when to step up so it best benefits you might be good for you personally, but I think it shows a lot about your character, none of it good.  A very selfish act to only step up when you think you are safe.  She is obviously a skilled social player because how she never winds up in the arena is beyond me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm watching a lot of tv too but mostly hurricane news and K drama. Waiting for the Voice to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.