Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for May 3rd

Hi, and welcome to Friday!!!!!!  Has it ever been a week.  Anyway, here is this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is His Majesty's Hope, the third is a World War II set spy/mystery series starring Maggie Hope and written by Susan Elia MacNeal.  I'm reading an arc thanks to Amazon's Vine program.  I should finish it today and hope to get the review up tonight, no pun intended.

Chapter 1 starts off like this:

Maggie Hope was feeling her way through thick darkness.  She was panting after shinnying up a rickety drainpipe, knocking out a screen in an upper-story window, avoiding several trip wires, and then sliding silently onto the floor of a dark hallway.

And from page 56, we find:

"But," Noreen said, holding the half-done scarf in one hand, "this knitting might save your life."

I've read all three in the series this year, and I've enjoyed them all.

And on a different note, I published my list of books read in April with links to the full reviews yesterday.  If you are interested, please take a look.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely am curious to know how knitting can save someones' life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd have to read the book, or at least page 56.

      Delete
  3. Mark -

    Love your choice here! Sounds like quite the book. ;) I also love how you list the books you have read during a month - GREAT idea!!

    Mine are Cowboy-related this week on SnifferWalk Books. Come on by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listing the books is something I started doing on several sites years ago. Now I collect them all here.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.