Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Ornament Review: Goofy the Graduate



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Classy looking graduate ornament with unlikely character
Cons: Twists when put in display
The Bottom Line:
Goofy, diploma
Mark this spring rite of passage
Goofy against type




Goofy Graduates!

Goofy is my favorite of Mickey and his friends, so my biggest complaint has been that he only makes one appearance in the Year of Disney Magic series from Hallmark.  But he’s finally here and I can now enjoy Goofy The Graduate.

For this ornament, Goofy is dressed in graduation gown and hat.  It’s a dark blue – almost purple – in color, and you can see a gold stripe down the middle.  He’s holding a rolled up scroll and standing on some large but thin books.

My biggest question is why Goofy is involved in a graduation ornament.  But considering we have Donald being thankful and lucky in this series, we’ll just add Goofy to the list of those playing against type, right?

I definitely do like this ornament.  Even though it is Goofy, he brings a level of class to the ornament.  Possibly because, being the tallest character, this ornament looks taller than many of the others.  Tall means classy, right?  Just ask all those Greek columns.  There’s also a little white tassel hanging down the left side of the hat.  Actually, it’s mostly on the top of the hat and just barely sticking down below.  Either way, I just love that added touch.

Since Goofy is standing on flat books, the ornament is not going to tip over, so you can set it out anywhere you want to add a nice touch to a grad party decoration or some other display.

Which might be a good thing.  At least on mine, the hook on the top of Goofy’s hat is turned so that I can’t hang him straight in my ornament display stand.  Still not quite sure what I am going to do about that, but having him look to the right of the rest of the ornaments is a disappointment.  There is no tipping when you hang the ornament, which is a good thing.  I just wish he faced forward.

We’re almost done with this series, which means you can find an 11 in a Christmas tree on the bottom of the books Goofy is standing on.

The disappointing twist is the only flaw I can find with Goofy The Graduate.  Or maybe that’s not a flaw but Goofy just being, well, goofy.

What could be more magical than the entire Year of Disney Magic?

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.