Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Ornament Review: Season's Treatings #9 - Cherry Pie - 2017 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Drool worthy dessert
Cons: I don’t picture cherry pie as a Christmas dessert
The Bottom Line:
Cherry pie looks great
Is it a Christmas dessert?
Still looks delicious





Is This the Cherry of the Season’s Treatings Series?

Sometimes, you learn things by collecting ornaments.  That’s what happened to me with the 2017 Season’s Treatings ornament because I wouldn’t have considered the treat a Christmas treat.

The ninth entry in the series featured a cherry pie.  It’s sitting on a wooden serving tray.  There’s a lattice cover for the pie, with some leaves and a cherry on top.  One piece has already been cut from the pie, and it is sitting on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  A snowman pie server is sitting next to the plate, and 2017 is written on the serving tray underneath it.

My family is not super big on cherry pie, so this doesn’t have the immediate reaction that some of the ornaments in this series do.  Having said that, I can feel my mouth start to drool when I look at it.  That ice cream on top really helps.

But this is where my opening paragraph comes into play.  Maybe it’s my family, or maybe it’s California, but I wouldn’t have considered cherry pie a Christmas dessert.  I picture it more during the summer.  Maybe that’s because you can get fresh cherries in the summer.  I don’t know.  Now if this were pumpkin pie, I would have no concerns at all.

As usual with this series, the bottom is flat, but there isn’t a lot of height to it, so setting it out to be displayed wouldn’t really show it off.  However, it hangs at a fun angle when you slip a loop through the hook in the pie.

And yes, you’ll find the series marker on the back of the ornament.

My only quibble with the ornament remains the seasonality of the dessert, but that’s a minor issue.  The ninth Season’s Treatings will make your mouth drool, which is my standard for this series.  What else do you need?

Well, maybe the other drool worthy ornaments you’ll find with the rest of the Season’s Treatings series.

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.