Saturday, August 11, 2018

August 11th's Weekly TV Thoughts


American Ninja Warrior – I like what they’ve been doing this season and starting off with someone who makes it far.  So much better than introducing us to someone only to have them fall on the third obstacle like they’ve done in years past.  Can’t believe Isaac went out.  Well, I can because it is always a challenge for everyone, but still, it was a surprise.  That cane obstacle was brutal!

Castaways – I have always been fascinated by being stranded on an island.  Don’t ask me why since I love modern technology so much.  Anyway, when I saw this show, I knew I had to give it a try.  Think Survivor without the competition aspect.  I’m intrigued by the people they have out there.  It might be boring, but I am curious how they will or won’t get along and what they will face as they “wait for” rescue.  (They may not know when rescue is coming, but the producers know where they are and when it will come.)

Suits – I’d forgotten about Louis’ storyline until it happened.  That was something.  I liked how it played out and how the characters came together in the end.  Zane does need to realize these people are used to working in a certain way.  And really, with the way everyone is always after each other, it’s hard to take the discussion of family very seriously around there.  But it sure does make for a great show.

Take Two – That had more of a sadness to it than I was expecting.  Not that it wasn’t a great episode, but it was more bittersweet than the episodes normally are.  I was so hoping that Ava would turn out to have faked her death, which seems to be something they do on the show regularly, but it wasn’t the case this time.  I do love how the relationships between the characters are developing.

TKO – There were some close finishes in the competition this week.  The difference between first and second and fourth and fifth was extremely close.  Very well done, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.