Monday, December 4, 2023

Ornament Review: Snowfall Prince - Noble Nutcrackers #5 - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Nice wintry looking nutcracker ornament
Cons: A little on the large size, tips forward slightly
The Bottom Line:
Wintry nutcracker
Ready to enjoy snowfall
Fun tree addition



I’m Predicting a Royal Winter for Your Tree

We are up to the fifth ornament in the Noble Nutcrackers series.  This series has mostly focused on nature so far (with a couple of sweets thrown in), and the nature focus continues with this year’s official entry – Snowfall Prince.

This prince looks like he is ready to spend some time outside in the snow.  He’s wearing a red and white knit sweater with snowflakes on it.  He’s also wearing a knit cap.  His scepter has a snowflake on the end, and he’s got some snowflakes hanging from it as well.  And he’s standing on a gray snowflake.  There is a panel in his front that moves like a nutcracker would, but it is plastic, so I wouldn’t want to actually try to crack any nuts with it.  With the man’s white hair and beard, he looks very much like Santa.

From my description, you might think this ornament has yarn on it.  You’d be wrong.  Honestly, from looking on it, that was my expectation as well.  In reality, the plastic mold is ridged so that it looks like he is wearing things that were knit.  It’s a great illusion.

As is usual for the series, the ornament is a bit on the large size for my tastes.  It takes up precious Christmas tree space I don’t have.  But I still like the looks of it, which is why I keep buying the series even though I say I’m going to stop.

The snowflake base is nice and flat, so you can easily set it out to be displayed if you so desire.  You’ll also find the series marker on the bottom of the base.

This is one of the few ornaments where Hallmark gives you something to hang the ornament.  One of the two pieces of red yarn on the ornament is tied through the loop on top of his head.  He does tip forward a little when you go to hang him, but you probably won’t notice thanks to the tree branches around him.

In case you are wondering, the other piece of red yarn is attached to the scepter and has the two snowflakes hanging from it.

This series continues to charm me.  If you are looking for a wintry nutcracker to add to your tree, I recommend Snowfall Prince.

Check out the rest of the Noble Nutcrackers.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.