Saturday, October 12, 2024

October 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Why yes, I did have some fun with Canva Thursday night for the first time.  I'd been thinking about creating a logo like that for a while, and I finally realized I could use that to do it.  Now, I need to decide if I want to try to add color to it somehow, but for now, I'm happy with this.  Especially since I should have been in bed when I was creating it.

And now for this week's thoughts:



Moonflower Murders – I am not happy with this writer who is trying to come between Susan and Andreas.  At least she left when she did.  But he is still a completely horrid character.  As to the mystery, we got real life flashbacks and the novel and the current timeline.  I feel like we made a little progress, but I’m not sure we have enough to truly fill six episodes.  Still, I was entertained while I was watching

Dancing with the Stars (Monday) – I’m hoping the audience votes don’t save people longer than they should be around.  I got the urge, I really do.  There are some people it is fun to watch.  But this is a dance show, and it needs to focus on that.  Having said that, there are some amazing dancers.  We will see how things come together with the double elimination.

Superman & Lois – Two episodes, and they absolutely packed a one, two punch.  That was rough to watch.  I hope they don’t leave us there for very long.  I mean, we have to be there for a bit, and I get it, but I want to see Clark back sooner rather than later this season.  I’d be okay waiting if it weren’t the final season, but with it being the final season, I want to see everyone together.

Rescue: HI Surf – Nice to see one storyline dropped.  At least I hope it is.  The rescues seemed weak this time around.  Or two short.  Or something.  Oh, and those two rooming together?  It will be a disaster before they decide they are in love.  I mean, you know that’s where they are going for them.

Dancing with the Stars (Tuesday) – I had to keep reminding myself the stars had two weeks between performances because it seems like a lot to expect them to do two dances already.  Yes, it was back to back nights, but still, it is a lot.  I was impressed with quite a few of the performances, however.  They really stepped up and took the criticism from Monday night to heart even though they had 24 hours to turn it around.  Gene’s scores were all over the map.  The right couples went home.  Sadly, since I liked them both, but they clearly were going to be struggling going forward because of their age.  Like all athletics, this is a young person’s show in the end.  At least most of the time.

Survivor – Well, that was a twist.  I was blindsided by it.  What a crazy night to not have a vote at all.  I think they were crazy to not get Rome out.  I understand why Genevieve didn’t like what was happened and decided to make the move she did, however.  But still, Rome is going to cause trouble the longer he is in the game.

The Challenge – At this point, I’m wondering just how long Rachel can hang on by herself.  I definitely feel sorry for her.  And what is this going to mean for the other groups.  As was pointed out, there are only three male targets.  Do the two that don’t win automatically go into the arena?  It will be interesting to see what happens with that.

1 comment:

  1. I've missed Survivor and Dancing with the Stars and even The Voice, one of my fav shows to watch. Must be all the coverage of the hurricanes that blind sided me. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.