Thursday, October 17, 2024

October 18th's Friday Post

Welcome to this week's Friday Post.  I'll be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

For the first three, I'll be pulling quotes from The Baffled Beatlemaniac Caper by Sally Carpenter.


This one's been on my to be read pile for quite a while.  I'm glad I finally read it since I enjoyed it.  It features Sandy Fairfax, former Teen Idol trying to rebuild his career.  We get right into that with the opening:

"So what you're telling me is that my career is dead."
"I wouldn't say your job prospects are that hopeless. More like there' in intensive care on life support."

This book finds Sandy at a Beatles fan convention as a featured celebrity.  While there, we get this excerpt from page 56:

"John [Lennon] was murdered when he started recording again."
"Yes, it's a terrible loss."
"They should fry the man who killed him."
That uneasy feeling swept over me again. I glanced around for a polite way to get away from this nutcase.

This was a fun book.  I'll be doing my full review on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back then to check it out.

Meanwhile, let's get to this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

What novel would you recommend that blends characteristics of your favorite genre with horror concepts, and why?

I'm drawing a blank on this one.  Can't think of any books that I know of that venture into the horror genre.  Especially that also have cozy mystery elements.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the book. It seems like a good story. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.