Thursday, September 20, 2018

Ornament Review: Mine! Mine! Mine! - 2018 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures a very fun moment from a great film
Cons: Sound clip could be shorter
The Bottom Line:
Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
Finding Nemo fans will love
Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!





Hands Off This Ornament.  It's….

One of my favorite moments in the Finding Nemo movie is when we meet the seagulls and find out what they are really saying.  It makes me laugh every time I see the movie (which hasn't been recently enough).  I've bought a mug with them on it, and I always chime in along with them when I am waiting in line for the Finding Nemo Submarines at Disneyland.  So the instant I saw this ornament, I knew it would be Mine! Mine! Mine!

The ornament features three seagulls as rendered in the movie.  They are standing on rocks on shore, and we can see waves crashing into one side of the rock.  Two of the seagulls have their beaks closed, so one of them has their beak open.

Okay, if that was all there was to the ornament, I'm not sure I would have been that excited about getting it.  Yes, I do love the way it looks, but it's not that exciting.  For one thing, the ornament perfectly captures the look of the birds from the movie, and they were highly stylized.  No, based on looks alone I wouldn't have fallen in love with this ornament.

However, this is one of Hallmark's magic ornaments, which in this case means we get sound.  If you put in the two button batteries in the base, you get a clip of the seagulls saying "Mine" from the movie.  It lasts about 10 seconds, and the instant I hit that button, I start smiling.

The rocks the birds are standing on provide a wonderful base for the ornament, so you can set this out to be enjoyed at any time of the year.  After all, there isn't anything especially Christmassy about it.  Of course, you can hang it on your tree.  The loop is on the middle bird, but it does tip slightly to the left.  It’s not bad, and you can easily disguise it with some branches from your tree.

I'm a little surprised this ornament hasn't been more popular yet this year.  It was one I had to buy the instant it was available in July.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if, as we get closer to Christmas, more people see it and decide that it must be Mine! Mine! Mine!

Original Price: $17.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.