Friday, April 5, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for April 5th

Welcome to this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.  This week, I'll be featuring my current read, Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger.

So, do start off, here's the first line of the book:

I'm lucky to be alive.  At least that's what everyone keeps telling me.

And now, from page 56:

Her voice catches, and it occurs to me that this is a painful memory for her, too.

It's a YA novel.  I'm almost a quarter of the way into it, and I'm really enjoying it.

10 comments:

  1. Like both snippets, but the beginning really pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really pay attention to first lines these days, and I agree this was a very good one.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, that beginning is a teaser. Makes me wonder why s/he may not feel so lucky. That's the tone I'm getting from it. Here's my Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is certainly a bit of that tone in the post. But it makes sense as you read the book....

      Delete
  3. I like both the beginning and the 56- I haven't read this book yet.

    Here's my Friday Meme Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly recommend you read the book. I've been enjoying it. I'll have a full review at some point this week after I finish it.

      Delete
  4. These are great snippets!! I already have this book in my wish list, as well as on my Goodreads TBR shelf. I can't wait to read it!! Glad you're enjoying it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, it's really good. But after reading Shannon's debut, I was expecting that.

      Delete
  5. Of COURSE you're lucky to be alive. I wonder why he's annoyed though. :)

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2013/04/friday-56-book-beginnings-historia.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bit of back story to that, but you'll have to read the book to find out what it is.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.