Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for April 26th

It's that time of the week again.  Time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, the book I'm be quoting from is The Baker Street Translation by Michael Robertson.  It revolves around two brothers in the late 90's who receive the letters people write to Sherlock Holmes.  Unfortunately, those letters seem to get them into danger as well.  I'm really enjoying this one about as much as the first two in the series.  I hope to finish the book today, in fact.

Anyway, the book begins with:

When Arthur Sandwhistle woke up on the morning of what he knew would be the greatest day of his life, he couldn't get the bloody rhymes out of his mind.
One, two, unbuckle my shoe.

And yes, the line is wrong in the book.  And yes, it is on purpose.

Page 56 only has two sentences.  Here's the second of them:

He lost consciousness, and his head dropped down again onto the hard, damp floor.

I'm down to 90 pages.  Must find out how it wraps up.

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely curious for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good premise for a series. I'll investigate further . . .

    Thanks for playing along with Book Beginnings on Fridays.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.