Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for April 19th

I took last week off, but I'm back for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I am reading The Last Musketeer #3: Double Cross by Stuart Gibbs.  This is the final part of a middle grade trilogy that finds a modern day teen traveling back in time to become the fourth musketeer in 1615 France.  I'm highly enjoying it, but I don't recommend you jump in here.  If you want to learn more, read my reviews of books one and two in the series.  My review of this book will hopefully be up in time for this week's Marvelous Middle Grade Monday.

But I'm digressing.

So let's get to the beginning.  Actually, I'm going to do the Prologue and Chapter 1.

Prologue:  Even thought Michael Dinicoeur was immortal, he could still feel pain.  And right now, he was in agony.

Chapter 1: In less than a day, Greg Rich would die.

And now, moving ahead to page 56.

"That's insame!" Greg cried.  "Surgery takes an incredible amount of skill."
"Really?" Aramis was genuinely surprised.  "But it's just cutting."

So there you have it.  I'm racing through this one and completely enjoying it.

16 comments:

  1. Ok, Aramis is officially never allowed to operate on me! But this sounds like a really fun read! Thanks for sharing :) Hop on over if you have the time:
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give him a break. It was 1615. :)

      It is a fun read.

      Delete
  2. Ha-ha...just cutting. Looks like an interesting read.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the beginning of chapter one... pulls you right in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...that's one way to look at surgery. :-) Sounds like an interesting one! Here's my Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like this could be a good series for some of my students who like fantasy-adventure. I'll have to keep it in mind. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling they'd love it.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. I love it when a book starts with in one day someone will die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone will die. Then "it's just cutting" ... those two phrases should not go together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.