Monday, May 4, 2015

Ornament Review: Lego Boba Fett - 2014 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great representation of the popular character
Cons: A little large, personally, I would have preferred some other characters instead
The Bottom Line:
Hunt down transgressors
With Lego bounty hunter
Popular figure




Bounty Hunter Looking for Ornaments on Your Tree

Certain characters gain cult followings.  I get that.  At times, I’m part of the crowd.  Others?  I’m scratching my head trying to figure out the attraction.  While that’s the case with why Boba Fett is such a popular character, I still can appreciate the Lego Boba Fett ornament.

For those like me who are even scratching their heads at the character name, Boba Fett is the bounty hunter who captured Han Solo in the original trilogy.  Yes, he’s a minor character who winds up having a major impact on the story at just the wrong time.  But how popular is he?  Well, popular enough to have several Lego items including this ornament from Hallmark.

The ornament itself is mostly light blues, grays and greens.  Boba Fett is wearing a helmet and jet pack, and he’s painted a light blue and gray for his uniform.  He does have a gun in his right hand that hangs down and almost touches the ground just next to the Lego block he’s standing on.  His cape is flowing out behind him and his left arm is reaching out in front of him.

I think my lack of enthusiasm for this ornament is due to my lack of enthusiasm for the character.  I certainly can’t find faults with the ornament.  It looks like the character, or at least the Lego version of the character, so his many fans will love it.  Overall, I do think the ornament is a bit on the large size, but I’ve left that way about all the ornaments in this unofficial series.

Because of that block base I mentioned earlier, you can set this ornament out all year long and enjoy.  This may be one of the sturdiest ornaments Hallmark has ever done because it’s sitting on, well, a block.

But if you want to hang it on your tree, you’ll find the look in the top of Boba Fett’s helmet.  He essentially hangs straight with a slight tip behind him and to the left.  It’s only noticeable if you are looking for it, however.

Boba Fett is the latest in an unofficial series Hallmark was producing of Lego Star Wars characters.  Unfortunately, this series has stalled out at four since they’ve lost the Lego license.  Hopefully, they will get it back soon and be able to continue on and give us more Lego characters.

For now, Lego Boba Fett will be a popular ornament on the secondary market thanks to the popularity of the character.  If you are one of his fans, you’ll definitely want to pick it up today.

Original Price: $14.95

Happy Star Wars Day!

2 comments:

  1. I have all the LEGO ornaments and bought multiples of the storm trooper because Darth needed a posse. They hangout in my NHS village. I'm so sorry to see this series end :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping they will get the license back in a year or two and can continue it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.