Friday, October 16, 2015

October 16th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to Friday, so it must be time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56!

This week's book is Fry Another Day by J. J. Cook.



This is the second in the Biscuit Bowl Food Truck Mystery series, and it involves a cross country Food Truck rally of sorts with competitions along the stops in the south east.  Oh, and a murder or two thrown in as well.  I really do want to try some of the biscuit bowls!

But, since I could share one with you even if I made one, here's how the book begins:

"Can you really make a biscuit out of sweet potatoes, Zoe?" Delia asked.

The answer to that is...  Wait, you actually expected me to spoil something?  Sorry.  But here's a teaser from page 56:

Uncle Saul made an unbelieving face.  "You think those two are the front runners, Zoe?"
"I think so.  What can't you do with bread?  Who doesn't love cupcakes?  It won't matter what the challenge is, bread or cupcakes will win every time."

Is she right?  You'll have to read the book to find out.

16 comments:

  1. Bread of cupcakes? Sounds like a fun cozy series. This week I am spotlighting Binding the Shadows by Jenn Bennett. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a typo on my part.. Should be "bread OR cupcakes." The book was certainly fun.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore this series! I'm really looking forward to the third book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this series on my kindle..can't wait to dive into it - great choice. Thanks for visiting My Book Beginning & Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I need to know if you can make biscuits out of sweet potatoes! :)

    Stormi
    Friday Meme's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet potato biscuits -- sounds yummy! I think I'd enjoy this book but it would probably make me hungry.
    My Friday post features The Beach Walkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a problem with the culinary cozy books I read - they make me hungry!

      Delete
  6. Sweet potato biscuits are delicious!! So yes, you can!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having a hard time imaging them not being delicious. It's hard to go wrong with sweet potatoes. Glad to know I'm right. Not I just need to try them.

      Delete
  7. I love cupcakes. When my kids were growing up, I made sweet potato biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love cupcakes, right? Sadly, there wasn't a recipe for the sweet potato biscuits in the back of the book, but I'd love to try them.

      Delete
  8. Sweet potato biscuits do sound good. I'll have to look for a recipe. I would love to read this book! I'm sure I would enjoy it! Thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to tell me how they are if you try them. (And sorry, no giveaway for this book.)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.