Friday, October 9, 2015

October 9th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Here we are again - another Friday, another Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring the book I'm about to finish, Gretel and the Case of the Missing Frog Prints by P. J. Brackston.




Now, I know this looks and sounds like one of my middle grade books, but this isn't.  It's a mystery aimed at adults.

And it starts like this:

Gretel frowned at the lifeless body of the messenger that lay sprawled in the hallway upon her best Turkish Kilim.

And from page 56:

"Were they short of helpers?" Gretel asked.
Hans was oblivious to the slight.

Yes, short and sweet this week, unlike last week.

I'm planning to have my full review up on Monday, so come back then to see what I thought.

12 comments:

  1. A Hansel and Gretel cozy? This sounds fun!

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/09/gotta-watch-out-for-those-wrong-turns-the-friday-56-81-intersections/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, yes, it does look like a book for the young, but now you've piqued my curiosity. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE LIARS’ CLUB”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I hadn't heard of this one. I look forward to your review. I'm for sure going to have to check this out! Please take a look at mine...http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2015/10/its-cozy-food-friday-that-means-its.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is an attention getter. I like cozy mysteries and this one sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't help but chuckle at the title. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hansel and Gretel all grown up? And by the Brackston I know!? Will check by Monday to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea for a story! Sounds like it would be fun to read.
    My Friday post features Seeing You Again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of fun and I like how the title reminds me of Frog Prince...lol.

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that it's a retelling of Hansel and Gretel!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable title.

    Thanks for sharing. ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to come back for your review. I don't know about Hansel & Gretel as an adult mystery.

    Thanks for participating in BBOF! I don't often get around to everyone to leave a comment, but I am always happy when you share your book beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm intrigued by the Hansel and Gretel link. This sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.