Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Time again for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week I'm going to feature No Virgin Island by C. Michele Dorsey.

                                                    


A mystery set in the US Virgin Islands?  Yes, please!

Here's how the book begins:
Sabrina Salter was a woman who didn't like surprises, even nice ones.

And jumping ahead to page 56, we find this exchange:

"And then?" Neil asked as he dipped a conch friter into green habanera hot sauce.
"And then he did it again."

I finished this book up over the weekend.  Look for my review coming up on Monday.

7 comments:

  1. I feel the same...Virgin Islands...I'm in. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book. Here's my Friday read -Wastedby Mark Winkler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one when it was first published and enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the setting. This week I am spotlighting The Crepes of Wrath by Sarah Fox. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've sold me! The dribbles of blood on the cover have me curious too.

    My Friday 56 from Pandemic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm curious! I want to know what the 56 is talking about and I'm kind of with Sabrina on not liking surprises. Plus I'm definitely in favor of a book set in the US Virgin Islands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a curious 56... what did he do twice?!
    Sounds good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know the setting at all. Seems like you enjoyed the read! will keep an eye out for your review. Here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/friday-meets-19-august-2016.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.