Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Look at this.  It's time again for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm going with my current read - A Puzzle to be Named Later by Parnell Hall.

                                                     


No surprise that I'm enjoying this book.  I just wished I'd been having more time to read.  I've made it to the half way point, but I was hoping to be further along.  Stupid life getting in the way of my reading.
Anyway....

Here's how the book begins:

Cora Felton could hardly contain herself.  She beamed like the cat who swallowed the cream, batted her cornflower blue eyes.  "Matt Greystone," she purred.

This book has lots of short chapter, so it's hardly surprising that we get a chapter ending on page 56.  And this is how it ends:

Sherry said, "What do you think it means?"
"I'm in a lot of trouble."

Short and hopefully sweet.  Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Well, now I want to know what's happening in this scene! LOL

    My Friday 56 from A School For Unusual Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it going to be Sherry to the rescue? LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. This week I have an urban fantasy - Midnight Curse by Melissa F. Olson. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I'm curious about what happens after that first sentence. Happy reading!

    eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snippets! I love how the author described the beginning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds good! And I can definitely relate about life getting in the way. Don't all my responsibilities know there's a book I want to read?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of the books in this series are here some where, but I haven't read it yet. May be it's time I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.