Sunday, December 11, 2022

December 11th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to Sunday and another Sunday/Monday post, where I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It has been a week.  I've mentioned that this was fiscal year end at work because we have a slightly off fiscal year.  And yes, I'm an accountant.  With all the extra reporting we have to do, it was non-stop.  Fortunately, no late nights, although I think Friday is the only night I got off on time.  By that point, my brain was melted.  I didn't do much Friday night, and I lazed around in bed on Saturday morning.  Didn't quite sleep as well as I would have liked since I woke up for a while in the middle of the night.

Despite that, I did manage to finish my Christmas decorating.  Okay, so I got most of it done last Sunday, but I still had a little to finish up on Wednesday.  As you can see, I don't think I have room for any more Christmas ornaments, and I hardly put on any of my Hallmark ornaments.  I think it's time to stop collecting Hallmark ornaments.  And maybe start sorting through my collection and cleaning out the ones I don't really want/need any more since my condo is just shy of a hoarder situation.





Believe it or not, I didn't go paddling Saturday morning.  My friend is out of town, and I decided to take it easy.  Besides, it is cold (for Southern California), and I didn't feel like going out in 50 degree weather to paddle.  Couldn't go later since it's game day with my friends and it's supposed to rain.

I hope it does rain like they are promising since we didn't get much last weekend.  We need it.  Plus, for this California native, rain feels like Christmas.  Sadly, they are predicting rain this weekend and next weekend.  Why couldn't it rain on the weekdays and warm up a little on the weekends so I can paddle?

This Past Week on the Blog:


This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Peter Pan's Flight - Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction
Monday - Book Review: Christmas Past by Brian Earl
Tuesday - Music Review: Holidays Around the World by Pentatonix
Wednesday - Book Review: Cozy Up to Christmas by Colin Conway
Thursday - Ornament Review: Belle
Friday - Short Story Review: "The Christmas Caper" by Gigi Pandian

Book Haul:

You might think with the crazy busy week I had, I didn't manage to get any new books.  Haven't you been paying attention to me at all?  Of course, I have new books.

The first up is Fatal Fascinator by Jenn McKinlay.  This is another book in her Hat Shop Mysteries, which she goes back to every so often.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the gang in this one, which involves a murder at a wedding.  Fortunately, none of the characters we know and love are the ones getting married.

I also snagged a book I'd been eyeing since the Kindle edition went on sail.  The Case of the Canterfell Codicil is the first in a series by P.J. Fitzsimmons that describes itself as a cross between Dorothy L. Sayers and P.G. Wodehouse.  How can I pass that up?


What I'm Currently Reading:

I did it!  I finished Stellarlune by Shannon Messenger Saturday morning.  I can't remember the last time I only read one book in a week - probably the last time I read a book in this series.  It definitely takes a while to plow through a 700 page book, but it was worth it.

Next up, I'll be going back to Christmas reads.  I'm going to tackle Slay Ride by Diane Vallere, which is a Christmas novella in her Samantha Kidd series.  I decided I had time to slip it into December.  Otherwise, it would have wound up as a January read.  Then I'll be making my annual Christmas visit with Meg Langslow and her family and friends with Dashing Through the Snowbirds by Donna Andrews.  It's always wonderful to visit them during the holidays.  I can't wait to see what they get up to this year.

Hope you have a fabulous week.

23 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas trees and had to laugh at the hoarder comment. We only put up one tree...we've sort of started putting decorations outside. I hope this next week is less hectic for you. Enjoy your new reads when you get a chance to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees look great. We have a small one due to the small size of our main room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are beautiful! I hope your work situation calms down a bit and you're able to get some R&R in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many trees? You are definitely a lover of Christmas (or decorations).
    Charlotte Burt's Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to imagine a cross between Dorothy L. Sayers and P.G. Wodehouse. Who would be doing a sendup on whom?

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's easy to see why you only finished one book last week...Seven hundred pages is a big book!

    The cover of The Case of the Canterfell Codicil looks intriguing. Hope it turns out to be as good as you hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you I only finished one last week and then started Fairy Tale by S King and I'm still reading it. Hopefully finish today; at just about 600 pages, it's a door stopper too. Thanks for sharing holiday pics, your decorations are lovely and the trees look beautiful. Sorting through any kind of collection is tough - letting go of something you bought & collected and loved is hard.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-28

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos! Everything looks beautiful. Good job! Hope you have a great week!

    My post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics! I like those trees like you have in that third one- those are neat. :) Make good night lights! :)

    Sorry you didn't get to paddle :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the decorations, but I do appreciate the need to weed out the collection once and a while. I am sad that I am not decorating this year since I'll be out of town for the holiday. It feels a bit blah in my condo when I see everyone else putting up trees and lights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your decorations! Your nativity is beautiful and I love the trees on either side of the room. It definitely sounds like curating your collection is a good idea but it doesn't sound like you have that much mental free space right now with all the craziness at work. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally understand as we have also collected tons of ornaments. I enjoy picking a few each year to donate to our local Savers knowing that someone will enjoy them! Your décor is lovely! You definitely showed restraint in your book haul – those mysteries look good! Seven hundred pages! Wow! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really busy Mark. No wonder your brain is mush at the end of the day. Love the Christmas decorations and the crib too. Some nice cozy mysteries there too. Happy reading and hopefully good weather at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Christmas decor looks so nice. And I like the Christmas cozies you showed. Have a good week!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you get some time to relax! I love all your Christmas stuff. I also have way too many ornaments, but that doesn't stop me from buying more. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! I wondered where you found space to display all the ornaments you get. I had a review copy of Dashing Through the Snowbirds which I enjoyed very much. I just started reading that series this year and have so many to go. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great decorations and pretty trees! Sounds like you've been really busy! Hope you have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your decorations look lovely. I am very behind in decorating, but it will get done. It always does.

    Hope your weather improves so you can get some paddling done. n the meantime, enjoy some of your books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_01599618173.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Christmas trees are beautiful...and you have the perfect place for them! Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving both the Christmas decorations and the holiday reads! Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely Christmas decorations! And of course you would get some books. The Case for the Canterfell Codicil looks like an interesting locked room mystery. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Case of the Canterfell Codicil sounds good, plus the cover is awesome. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I kind of chuckled at your hoarder comment since my dad moved in with us, his Hallmark ornament collection takes up about 1/4 of my small attic! Looks like you had some great reads. I haven't read any holiday books, but I may have to start. I'd like to borrow that 50 degree weather, it's freezing here in the D.C. region.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.