Saturday, September 30, 2017

September 30th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Lots of shows coming back.  Not everything yet, but it was definitely a fuller week than I've seen since May.  I'm going to be drowning in TV shows soon, I think.

Dancing with the Stars (Monday) – I really am shocked that they are starting the celebs off with two dances in week two.  But everyone seems to be rising to the occasional.  Most of them improved their game, and the judges seemed to recognize that.  Of course, I was happy to see Sasha jump up like she did.  Not sorry to see Barbara go.  I have a feeling that some of her comments about her partner hurt her in audience votes.  I’m sure she was trying to be funny, but they cut together very uncomfortably.

Big Bang Theory – One of their better season premiers for sure.  The scene before the credits was a riot all by itself, but less Howard and Bernadette’s reaction to Bernadette being pregnant again.  I believed their reactions, and I found them funny at the same time.  The actress who plays Bernadette is pregnant in real life, but I like the fact that the writers went this way.  It’s not something we normally see in a sitcom or on TV period.

Young Sheldon – I wasn’t as impressed as I hoped I would be, mainly because we’d seen so much of the episode in previews.  It has potential to be funny and touching, and I can definitely see that, but it was a pilot episode.  Having Professor Proton on the TV was certainly a wonderful touch.  I’ll give it another few episodes when it comes back in November.

Lethal Weapon – So glad this show is back.  Laughs, action, things blowing up, tender moments.  And that was just the first 5 minutes.  Seriously, the relationships between the characters is fantastic, and it is why I love this show so much.

This is Us – This is … why I love this show.  So many great moments.  So many heartfelt moments.  I’m not sure what I think of Beth’s idea.  I mean, it’s great, but it’s going to be havoc on their family.  Kate’s singing career got off to a rocky start, but at least the guy was honest with her.  Interested to know who Kevin’s leading lady is.  But Jack died in a fire?  A few months from the fight and the revelation that he’s been drinking again for weeks?  (Okay, we already knew that part.)  That’s rough.

Dancing with the Stars (Tuesday) – I’m happy so many did as well as they did.  The cream is beginning to rise.  I’m glad Sasha is still doing well, and it is interesting to hear about her weight gain.  I’m pleasantly surprised that Frankie is doing as well as he is.  I think he’s my second favorite.  If his body holds together, I think he will go far.

Survivor – The Heroes were stupid!  They’ve got a crazy guy on their team, and he needs to go now.  It’s going to be very annoying for us until they do get rid of him.  That first challenge was something else.  A roller coaster!  Wow!

Designated Survivor – So I’ve been hearing things about the second season that worry me, like change in focus to more running the country and less conspiracy.  But so far so good.  It’s fun seeing Evan from Royal Pains showing up here.  I’ll give it more time and hope they haven’t taken it in a direction I won’t enjoy.

The Good Place – My favorite moment tonight?  The time Jason figured out the truth.  Oh, and Janet begging not to be rebooted is another winner.  I think we’ve just seen the real set up for the rest of the season, and if so, I am fully on board.  This could get very fun very quickly.

The Orville – I think this show if finding itself.  The jokes were pretty funny tonight.  I laughed the hardest at the Friends reference.  The story was pretty good as well.  I think I may be in for the long haul with this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.