Saturday, February 23, 2019

February 23rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

I have an important programming alert.  Next Saturday's regularly scheduled Weekly TV Thoughts will be delayed one day in order to share a review of Dr. Seuss Day, which is Saturday, March 2nd.  Look for next week's Weekly TV Thoughts to hit on Sunday, March 3rd.

Now, without further ado, this week's Weekly TV Thoughts.

Supergirl – I do like how they are playing the Alex storyline right now.  As long as they made her forget that Kara is Supergirl, they are making it interesting.  That alien was absolutely creepy.  Dreamer will make an interesting superhero, I think.  Depending on how they develop her powers.  And Lena is going to start during dark like the rest of the Luthors now.  I figured it was coming at some point, but I was hoping they would flip things just this once.

God Friended Me – Sometimes, being a friend means saying things the other person doesn’t want to hear.  Although it sounds like Miles might have said it out of anger back then.  Still, it was nice to see him getting a bit of a happy ending as part of the episode since he got his friend back.

This is Us – I hope Beth gets that teaching job.  I’d really like to see her having some fun.  Interesting backstory, although they need to do more to redeem her mom.  So far, she’s the one character we haven’t seen enough to understand where she is coming from.  Yes, there was the monologue at the end, but it wasn’t enough for me.

Survivor – I’m wondering just what they will have to do to get back in the game.  Looks like they have nothing out there, but there has to be more than just sitting around.  It’s been a while since they had a way to get back in the game, so I’m curious to see how this all plays out.  Not surprised that Reem and Wendy were on the chopping block.  I was annoyed by both of them, so hopefully the team sticks to that plan.  Although I do think it was very unfair to point out the three of them down there working on the one guy’s swimming as them forming an alliance.  That was actually very smart.  On the other hand, how do you go on Survivor not knowing how to swim?  Take lessons before you leave!

The Masked Singer – Once again, the site I go to was correct on both counts.  Okay, they still had two guesses for the Rabbit, but I’ll give them this one since Joey was one of the correct guesses.  Granted, they pretty much gave it away with the synchronized singing clue at the beginning.  And I was pretty sure that they were right on Rumor Willis as well.  Had to be some child of a Hollywood power couple.

Suits – I’m sorry, but I think Donna did the right thing.  Harvey’s client was scum.  Harvey was doing the best he could to fix it, and he was certainly innocent.  I can’t wait to see what happens next week.  Hardman showing up was a great twist.  Meanwhile, I’m glad Brian did the right thing for his family.  I’m happy with how that storyline has turned out.  And I was surprised to see Louis’ mugging come back into play.  I’d kind of forgotten about it, actually, but I like how that played out.

The Big Bang Theory – That was the best episode of the season!  And it was classic Big Bang.  Lots of geekiness and plenty of laughs.  Loved it!

The Orville – I suspected where this was going fairly early on.  It helped that I had noticed it was a two parter.  But the cliffhanger!  Yikes!  I don’t know how they will get out of this.  I’m surprised that Isaac has turned so evil.  I wonder if his ties to the doctor’s family will turn him back and help save the day.  Oh, and I did not see the bones coming.  That was a complete surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.