Thursday, February 7, 2019

Disney Pin Review: Wisdom Collection Pennant

Stars
: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great way to display pin sets
Cons: It, and the writing, are big
The Bottom Line:
Banner for your pins
Large size, will it hold them all?
Great quote in middle



A Pennant for Your Wisdom Pins

When The Disney Store announced their new Wisdom Collection this year, they also announced a limited edition pennant to go with it.  I would have been tempted to get it anyway, but then I saw that it had one of my (many) favorite quotes from Walt Disney on it.

The banner is large.  It is 14 inches wide and 17 inches long at its longest point.  The wooden dowel at the top has Mickey heads on both sides.  It’s an off-white color with a border of a rainbow of colors running around the outside.  And right in the middle is the quote stitched in calligraphy.  “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”  That sums up Disney’s life so well, doesn’t it?

And this sold with a bonus pin.  It’s the same quote on a Mickey head.  Honestly, even if I didn’t want the banner, I think I’d want this pin.  However, the pin was only available if you bought the pennant.  Fortunately, I wanted both.

The Wisdom Collection pin sets are going to be coming out once a month in 2019, and I’m assuming they will be like the first two sets, which have three pins each.  That means this pennant will need to have room for 37 pins on it if you are going to have the entire collection on it.  Admittedly, we are only one month into these sets being released, but I’m wondering if they will all fit since the quote takes up a lot of room in the middle.  But there just might be room around the sides and the top for all the pins to fit.  It will be tight if they do.  If not, then the 12 pins with the quotes should fit no problem.

I keep going back to the size.  It’s big.  But if it is going to have any hope of holding all the pins, it will have to be.  The quote could be a little smaller and then all the pins would fit for sure.

I’m going to have to figure out where to hang this in my condo.  It’s definitely going on a wall somewhere so I can enjoy it full time.  This pennant is a great way to display the complete Disney Wisdom collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.