Saturday, February 2, 2019

February 2nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Happy Groundhog Day!  Here, to distract you for the fact that we've got more winter no matter what he saw, are my weekly TV thoughts.

American Ninja Warrior USA Vs. the World – What a competition.  I’m surprised that Europe didn’t do better.  In fact, I started rooting for them.  Australia was very impressive.  But I’m glad the trophy is back here in the states.

Supergirl – My biggest question with Nia is how she is going to have these powers since they are passed on to a woman.  And the writers addressed it in this episode by making this plot hole a hateful thing that her sister says to her.  Sorry, but it is a very good question.

Arrow – It’s nice to see Oliver admitting his family’s mistakes in such a public way.  He’s been growing in this way for a while now, but I like seeing it continue.  I’m also enjoying Laurel’s continued redemption.  And seeing her working with others is great.  I see where Curtis is coming from, but I think I’m okay with the bombs in their brains.  Really makes someone want to cooperate, you know?  And considering who they are using for this, it’s hard to feel much sympathy for them.

The Flash – Is Nora’s mission as cut and dry as we thought?  Is she warming up to her parents, or has she truly been trying to help them all along?  I certainly love seeing her relationship with Iris improving.  And I loved Barry in the Flash museum.  Sherlock definitely knows what is going on, but how long until the rest of the crew knows.

The Masked Singer – Tori Spelling had been the suspect I’d read several times for the unicorn, so I wasn’t super surprised when it was her.  I never knew she could sing, so I’m impressed.  And again, definitely not someone known for their singing.  The strongest contestant we’ve lost to date.

Suits – I’m so glad that Katrina and Brian did the right thing.  I really do hope this storyline dies there.  I fear it won’t, but I hope it does.  It would be nice to see a character to the right thing and stick with it for a change instead of wind up doing the right thing eventually.  Which brings us to Louis and Harvey.  It would be nice if they could act like adults upon occasion.

The Big Bang Theory – Rather average episode.  The Sheldon/Howard/Bernadette had potential but it didn’t live up to expectations.  I thought the funniest part was Stuart’s scenes in the comic book store.

The Orville – That was fun.  Definitely out there, but it was so much fun.  I’d thought that Claire seemed to be developing feelings for Isaac, so it was nice to know I wasn’t crazy.  And I like how, once again, they are building on things from last season.  It will be interesting to see where they go with this, but the episode itself was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.