Saturday, November 9, 2019

November 9th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Batwoman – That was sad and disturbing.  I suspected it would be, but the reality was more than I was expecting.  I know the show and character are dark, but that’s a bit more than I was expecting.  And can we discuss how stupid Beth was for not running out the door and trying to make a phone call instead?

Supergirl – So, is Rojas bad or not?  Or just being manipulated.  I was beginning to think she was innocent until that final scene. I definitely didn’t expect the friend to be the guy with the arms.  I’m hooked on this storyline.  Lena and J’ohnn’s brother can just disappear as far as I am concerned – their scenes added nothing to the episode for me.

God Friended Me – It was kind of nice that they spent so much time figuring out what the problem was.  It was a break on the formula.  Having said that, I’m wondering if Kara’s stories being called formulaic is a warning they are about to radically change the show.  Now, I know I’m single, but I still feel I can offer some relationship advice.  If you want to prove to someone you can do a job without it bothering your relationship, don’t take the job without telling them.  I’m with Trish on this one for sure.

Dancing with the Stars – I’m sorry to see Kate leave.  I’ve really enjoyed watching her and how much fun she is clearly having.  And the first 10s and first perfect scores of the season!  Amazing dances.  Can we just award Shawn the trophy now and avoid the rest of the competition?

The Flash – Barry and Iris got a light week to help them get ready for the crossover.  It’s always obvious when they do that.  I just can’t believe they killed off Gypsy.  They are being brutal to characters this season on all these shows.  Now, what is Wells up to with saving Barry?

Arrow – As much as I’ve hated on the future storyline, I love having the kids in the present.  Watching them interact has been great.  Now, we need to find out that the future has changed because otherwise, it is all still very depressing.  I’m sure that Laurel won’t wind up betraying Oliver, but she is going to be mighty tempted.

This is Us – That was all kinds of awkward.  Both storylines.  I expected the good endings.  This is This is Us, after all.  But man, that was hard to watch for most of it.

Survivor – For the record, the reason people are thinking about a women’s alliance is because it is talked about almost every season on the show.  It’s not sexist.  It’s just how the women think.  Kellee’s move was absolutely amazing.  I can’t believe she pulled it off.  But how long until someone confesses what happened?

American Horror Story: 1984 – I’m really now sure how they are going to wrap this all up.  I’m ready for it to be over, however.  If this were going to drag out longer, I don’t think I would have stuck with it.  I’m hearing others who are fans of the series aren’t impressed with this season.  I know I won’t be back to the franchise.

The Good Place – Talk about your cliffhanger.  And we have just under half to season to go.  I wonder where they will go with the rest of the season.  I hope we don’t see as much of the new characters because I found them mostly annoying.  Tonight was an exception, however.  They were actually pretty funny.  That last scene was great.  It’s going to be a long week until we find out what happens next.

Carol’s Second Act – The show is getting better every week.  Still not a classic, but amusing.  It was nice to see a patient walk away from Carol’s advice to break the formula a bit.  And I’ve got to say, I hope that romance continues.  I’m really liking it.

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series – Confession time – I am a huge fan of the original movies.  I’ve got reviews of the movies and the soundtracks in the blog if you dig back far enough.  So I’d been curious about this take on the franchise.  It was…interesting.  I have a feeling I could get hooked on it if it were on network TV.  But since it is going to be on Disney+, which I still haven’t signed up for, I’ll give it a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.