Saturday, November 23, 2019

November 23rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

God Friended Me – I saw Rajesh’s breakup coming since they started the fake breakup storyline a couple weeks ago.  I’m so sorry to see that however, since I liked his ex.  Meanwhile, Miles’s dad still needs to apologize for accepting the job of Bishop without talking to Trish at all about it.  I’m definitely still on her side of this one.  The main story?  Yes, they have to give Miles and Kara a few bumps, but this had better be all this is.  Audrey seems to have forgiven her friend/step-mother pretty quickly.  But that’s the nature of this show.

Batwoman – Eventually, Sophie is going to go back to Kate.  And Kate is finally becoming the activist I expected her to be all along.  I knew it was coming, but it is still disappointing.  I’m wondering what Alice is up to with her father/step mother.  I’m guessing she will try to poison step-mom.  But when was Mouse acting like her and Kate’s father?

Supergirl – Lena’s secret is out in the open.  I thought they’d play that out longer, but I have a feeling that they are wrapping up some storylines due to the crossover.  Give us a season A and season B.  Anyway, that scene was so hard to watch.  As much as Lena needs to get a clue, we can certainly understand why she is so hurt by everything.  I found myself wishing they hadn’t turned her evil.

Dancing with the Stars – Not James!  As you know, I’ve been rooting for him to win it all, so I’m very disappointed.  Although I bet his head and heart just weren't in it this week.  I'm not sure if him being off the show is a blessing or not.  The distraction might be good, but it might be good for him to have the time with his family.  Now, I’ll be rooting for Kel.

The Flash – So this and Arrow are the only ones really building to the crossover, and both are talking about taking the Monitor down.  I have a feeling I know what at least the plot of the first hour will be.  We will see how things change as the episodes go along.  This was Killer Frost and Cisco’s week off for the cross over.  I was reminded how I have really come to like Ralph.  Heck, he was teaching Barry a thing or two.  And what does it say about me that I couldn’t remember the meta that Cecile was helping at all?

Arrow – As much as I’ve hated the flash forwards, I truly do like what they are doing with Oliver and his adult kids.  If only there were some way to change the future and allow him to have seen them grow up.  Still not happy about that.  I figured Laurel wouldn’t betray Oliver.  But who shot them at the end?  And what is Lyla working with the Monitor?  That’s going to be awkward going forward.  I’m glad Roy is back of the team again.

This Is Us – Yep, definitely giving Rebecca memory issues.  Not happy about that.  Flash forward at the end is to only 9 months from now?  Why aren’t Randall and the rest speaking?  That tidbit doesn’t make me happy at all.  And yet he was calling Rebecca in the flash forward.  Toby wasn’t at the 40th birthday party either.  Again, that doesn’t make me happy.  Maybe they just didn’t show him and he was there after all.  Yes, I’m rethinking whether I want to keep watching this show again.  I do love the fact that they have some strange Thanksgiving traditions, and those traditions are passed on to the next generation.  Those are what make the holidays truly fun.

Survivor – It’s been a while since they last had two tribals like this.  In fact, I can’t remember the last time it happened.  And both of the people who “should” have gone home are still around, while people who thought they were in charge and dominating are out of the game.  I have a feeling things are going to get shaken up next week.  I can’t wait to see where we go from here.

The Good Place – Definitely one of the better episodes of the season.  I really liked seeing some of Chidi’s backstory and some of those moments from the show we didn’t see.  That scene with Chidi and Michael in Chidi’s apartment during the first Good Place was classic.  But that note at the end?  Priceless.  It’s going to be a long wait until January but a short sprint to the finish from there.

Carol’s Second Act – Again, I saw the plot points of the main story coming.  Had fun getting there, but it wasn’t terribly original.  The sub-plot was a lot of fun.  Both actors played it perfectly, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.