Monday, November 18, 2019

Disney Mug Review: Simba - Disney Wisdom Collection #11

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great quote; pretty mug
Cons: Simba gets a little lost
The Bottom Line:
Another great quote
On a pretty yellow mug
Series almost done

Another Fantastic Mug Filled with Wisdom

The Disney Wisdom Collection Mugs have been a lot of fun.  I’m enjoying having the colors and characters on my shelf, and this month’s addition is another winner.

This month, we get a quote from The Lion King.  The quote is from the turning point in the movie when Rafiki confronts a now grown Simba who has been trying to hide from his past.  “The past can hurt.  But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.”  Great reminder, right?

The mug itself is yellow in color.  It really does seem to be a lion yellow, which I know isn’t a regular color.  I’m sure the fact that the quote is from The Lion King is what is making me think of it that way.  Anyway, the quote is on one side of it written in a different shade of yellow with purple and green highlights.  There are fun squiggles all around it as well.

The other side of the mug features this month’s characters, Simba and Pumba.  They are in a combination of brown and yellow.  Pumba looks great this way since he is supposed to be brown anyway.  Simba blends into the rest of the mug a bit, but it isn’t too bad.  All the better for pouncing, right?

As usual, the mug is short but wide, so it holds 12 oz. of your favorite beverage.  It is completely dishwasher and microwave safe, and the bottom is slightly smaller so it will stack with the rest of the mugs in this series.  They really do look fun together as the colors mix and match on my shelves.

It’s hard to believe this series is winding down – the last entry will be out in just a few weeks.  But that’s the future.  For right now, I will enjoy this mug I bought in the not too distant past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.