Sunday, July 12, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Dr. Facilier - Windows of Evil - 2018 Release

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Dr. Facilier and his evil magic captured
Cons: Creepy and a bit simple
The Bottom Line:
A voodoo doctor
Becomes encased in stained glass
Effect is creepy

Dr. Facilier Makes a Creepy Window

This month for my Windows of Evil and Magic pin reviews, I’m looking at the pair done for The Princess and the Frog.  Up first?  Dr. Facilier’s Window of Evil.

This is one of the simpler faux stained-glass windows in either series.  About half of the window is Dr. Facilier’s face with his hat going up to the top.  But his face is split it two.  On the right side, is his normal face hidden under the skull mask he wears at one point.  On the left is the evil green face he turns into at another time.  Near the bottom of the window are three of his tarot cards.  Rising from them is green smoke.

But it’s the face.  The way it looks is downright creepy.  In fact, it’s almost hard to recognize him.  Yes, I’d know who he was without seeing a name attached, but still, it’s not as easy as some of the others.

In addition to being creepy, this pin doesn’t have some of the extras the others do.  Then again, Dr. Facilier doesn’t have any sidekicks to hide in the background.  His walking staff is worked into the frame of the window and a mask is up at the top.

Between the creepy look and the simpler window, Dr. Facilier isn’t one of my favorite Windows of Evil.

If you'd like to see a picture, I hope you'll stop by my Instragram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.