Sunday, December 27, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Crests of the Kingdom - 2019 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: A crest for an attraction that should have a crest
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Toad Hall gets a crest
That honors the attraction
Pin is fun for fans

A Wild Crest

When I think of family crests, I think of old stately homes in England.  So it is perfectly fitting that Disneyland’s Crests of the Kingdom pin series included a pin for Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.

Of all the pins in the series, the front of this one does look like a classic crest.  The main feature is Mr. Toad front and center.  He’s surrounded by a crown and leaves and it just looks like I picture a crest.  The banner this time is down at the bottom and says “Toadi Acceleratio.”  I’m sure you can guess on your own, but the official translation of this Latin phrase is Toad Acceleration.  Like the rest of the pins, this part is a gray pewter, but it is raised, so it is easy to see the elements of the crest.

Also like the rest of the series, when you flip up the crest, you get a full color picture inside.  In this case, that’s a picture of Mr. Toad sitting in one of the cars.  Those familiar with the ride know that the cars all have names based on the characters in the story, and it’s no surprise that his car is Toady.  Behind him, it looks like he is in the early part of the ride set in Toad Hall.

It’s rare that Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride gets included in the limited edition pins that Disney releases despite still being a popular ride, so it was great to see them include it here.  As I said, it makes lots of sense given the nature of crests and the subject of the ride.  The combination plays out perfectly.

Fans of this ride will certainly be happy with this Crests of the Kingdom pin.  Even though it’s not my favorite ride in the parks, I’m happy to have it.

If you'd like to see some pictures, stop by my Instagram account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.