Sunday, December 6, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Minnie Mouse The Main Attraction #9 - 2020 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Beautiful set ties to a fun roller coaster
Cons: Nothing
The Bottom Line:
Big Thunder Mountain
Minnie’s ninth stop in the parks
Beautiful pin set

This Here’s the Wildest Pin Set in My Collection

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad holds a special place in my heart.  It was the first roller coaster I ever went on.  I loved it, and I have loved roller coasters ever since.  Because of that, I am thrilled with how much I love the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad pin set for the Minnie Mouse the Main Attraction series.

For this ninth set in the series, Minnie is moving on from her extended stay in Fantasyland to visit Frontierland.  And the pins definitely have that old west feel to them.  The first pin in this three pin set is the icon related to the attraction.  In this case, it is a train.  However, it isn’t the runaway train of the attraction but a train going along in front of a mountain.  The mountain is red and has some of the spires I associate with the attraction.  There’s some blueish smoke coming from the train’s smoke stack.  The second pin is Minnie herself, and she’s dressed for this attraction.  She’s got a yellow bow in her ears, and she’s wearing cowboy boots.  Her dress is red and pink and has the impression of mountain spires on it.  Those spires are easier to see on the third pin – the Minnie ears.  They are on both ears.  In between is a red bow with the BTM brand that Disney sometimes uses for this attraction on both sides.

Quite obviously, red is the primary color, but it definitely fits this attraction since the spires and rocks used to create the mountain are also red.  The way they fade with pinks is absolutely beautiful.  It’s one of the prettiest of this entire series.

So I am thrilled to add this set to my collection.  Minnie puts her own stamp on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and it captures this attraction perfectly.

If you'd like to see the pins yourself, check out my Instagram post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.