Saturday, June 3, 2023

June 3rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

It's amazing what hitting the end of May still does to my TV viewing schedule.  Obviously, I've still got a couple of scripted shows that won't finish up until the end of the month.  Other than that, it's going to be pretty reality heavy for the foreseeable future.  Speaking of which, glad American Ninja Warrior is back.

American Ninja Warrior – The youngsters dominated.  Of course, I feel like there were more of them to begin with.  Lots of very impressive performances, too.  And, three years in, we have a new champion yet again.

Race to Survive: Alaska – Not really surprised the father/son team went home.  If I’d had to put money on it, it would have been them after last week.  Considering how proud the father was of his navigating, I find it funny that this is what did them in.  What a close race for first.  My money is on the brothers to win, but it could be anyone.

Superman & Lois – So, Clark outs himself to save his son.  Interesting twist.  How is Kyle going to react, especially when he finds out he’s the last to know.  I’ve got no idea where they might be going with the Mannheims.  Things are going to get very messy there and I can’t wait to see what is next.

Gotham Knights – So much to this episode.  I knew the friend was in danger, but that last shot?  What the heck?  Dent having that conversation with himself was interesting, and it provided a twist, too.  I was sure Harvey was actually involved, not just being framed.  And I hope we find out what really happened with Turner’s parents.  I feel like that is a set up for a second season, however, and I doubt the show is going to get one.

Hot Wheels Ultimate Challenge – I thought I’d give this a try since it sounded like it could be fun.  I was thinking something along the lines of LegoMasters.  Not being a car guy, I wasn’t nearly as much into it.  I do like them transforming a car they have a connection to, that’s a nice touch.  The end results were both pretty spectacular, although I think I liked the runner up more than the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.