Monday, June 5, 2023

Ornament Review: Tourist Mickey - All About Mickey! #1 - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Mickey having fun as a tourist
Cons: All cons left behind before the vacation
The Bottom Line:
Mickey takes a trip
Fun start to a new series
With tropical feel



Mickey Says, “Cheese!”

I was surprised in 2021 when Hallmark ended their Mickey’s Movie Mousterpieces ornament series after only ten entries.  However, it made a bit more sense when I saw that they were starting a new series with Mickey in 2022 – All About Mickey!  I’m really trying to cut back on ornaments (honestly, I need to stop all together), but I couldn’t resist getting the first in this series, which is Tourist Mickey.

The idea of this series is that it will feature Mickey celebrating a different hobby or occupation with each entry.  You know, the type of things he likes to do when he isn’t making movies or greeting guests at his theme parks.  Personally, I’m viewing it as the Disney equivalent to the Spotlight on Snoopy series, which I’ve been collection for decades.

I’ve got to say, I love the idea of Mickey as a tourist.  Considering how many of us love to go be a tourist in his theme parks, this is a great twist on reality.  It was why I just had to get this one.

The ornament itself is great.  Mickey is wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt (yes, those are white flowers on it) over his trademark red shorts.  He’s holding a camera up to his eye and is ready to take a picture of something he’s seen.  Okay, so the big camera he’s taking a picture of looks a little dated, especially since so many of us just take pictures with our phones now, but it makes it obvious right away what he’s doing.  Between the shirt and the camera, this ornament screams tourist.

And he looks great.  The idea of Mickey getting away somewhere tropical and enjoying it really does appeal to me.   Heck, I want to go on this trip with him.  I think we’d have a wonderful time.

Mickey does stand on his feet, although he’s not super stable.  Even a fairly light bump will make him fall down.  If you really want to set him out, he does lean back on his tail, but the tail is fragile enough, I couldn’t want to do that.  Plus, he really is leaning back.

Since this is an ornament, it’s supposed to be hung on your tree.  When you go to do that, you’ll find that he hangs straight.

Since this is a new series, you’ll find the 1 in a Christmas tree series marker on Mickey’s foot.

I’m telling myself that I don’t have to buy every ornament in this series, although I know I will have to get the second in the series when it comes out next month.  Even if I wind up stopping the series, Tourist Mickey was just too much fun to pass up.

See what else Mickey gets up to with the rest of the All About Mickey series.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the fact that he's holding an actual camera. I think those who enjoy photography as a hobby or professionally will really appreciate that. I learned so much about photography by using an actual camera in manual mode. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. I still use a camera instead of my phone, mostly, when I travel, so I have that in common with Mickey. I want to go on Mickey's trip, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.