Saturday, November 4, 2023

November 4th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Dancing with the Stars – A little hard to believe we are half way into the season.  But it is the beginning of November.  I do appreciate that the judges try to be nice with their critiques.  I still don’t get all the booing.  (There have been a couple of times….)  It’s obvious the fan base is saving the two lowest scores.  We will see how long they can keep that up.

Press Your Luck – I’ve got to say, it threw me all through the first half when Elizabeth called the first contestant Purple Lady.  I get it, and I know she is proud of that nickname.  But it still threw me.  Michelle was so incredibly lucky.  Haven’t see the Big 40 be that big before.  Then she lost everything in the bonus round.  But I get why she kept going.  I would have in her shoes as well.

Quantum Leap – There for a minute, I thought we might get away without a lecture, but they managed to work it in.  I did like where the episode went overall.  But man it was stressful.  I hate seeing rioting in real life, and this made it all the more real for me.

The Challenge – The challenges are tough.  I expected them to do a little better at the ball challenge, but not too much better.  I’m not attached to anyone yet to be rooting for them, so once they start talking strategy, I stop caring a little.

Survivor – Wow.  Just wow.  I can’t remember the last time I saw something be unanimous.  And it pretty much was twice since J was the only one who didn’t vote for herself.  I’m glad Kaleb is still around since I like the guy.  I suspect he knew how things were going to go since he was throwing J out so hard at tribal.  She appeared to be a good sport about it in the exit interview which I was glad to see.  I would have been pretty upset if that had been me.

The Amazing Race – I’m so sorry to see the brothers go.  I really liked them and wanted to keep watching them.  It was amazing how many teams felt like they were on the bottom as soon as something went wrong.  Yes, you’ve dropped, but it’s not as bad as you think it is yet.  I can see both arguments for the U-Turn – make sure a team behind you goes home or hurt a strong team.  I mean, the team that got U-turned might not be out this leg, but they are weaker now, so any little slip up could make them go out next time.  Personally, I wasn’t surprised they were the target.

Loki – Interesting episode.  I did like where they went with things after the cliffhanger from last week.  Still have no idea where they are going with the series, so next week’s season finale should be very interesting.

Buddy Games – Team Pride didn’t make the finals!  I really didn’t like their “game play,” so I was happy to see this result.  They just seemed to really stick it to the other teams on purpose.  Maybe it was just editing.  Hopefully, it was just editing.  Of the three teams left, I was rooting for Team OK, so I was thrilled that they pulled it out in the end.  Great come from behind win.

Lego Masters – Sorry to hear the one team went home due to health issues.  I guess there was an elimination last week after all.  I’ve enjoyed our “self-described villain” most of the season, but I’m not sure how I feel about his manipulation this week.  Granted, the team took responsibility for picking the run to do, but it still seemed a little less fun to me.  I found it funny that the chair was as big a problem as the run in some ways.  And this just shows that any week can be it since the team that was in first last week went home this week.

3 comments:

  1. I just watched this week's Amazing Race and agree with everything you said. I am sad to see the brothers go; they seem like good down to earth guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a bit of Dancing with the Stars and was impressed with the Halloween costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was caught off with The Purple Lady too Mark! It’s incredible how fast things can go astray on The Amazing Race! One lousy taxi driver can cost you the race.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.