Saturday, November 11, 2023

Veteran's Day's Weekly TV Thoughts

At one point, I looked at a couple of shows not being on this week, and thought it would be a light TV week.  I wasn't factoring in two shows that were coming back.  Plus there was a double episode of one show.  Yeah, it turned out to be a lot.

Dancing with the Stars – I recognized a couple of the songs, but I wasn’t familiar with most of those music videos.  I feel like Len would have had a hard time with some of these dances since there wasn’t as much ballroom as he would want to see.  Harry is really getting by based on viewer votes.  I like him, but his dancing is weak.  I was shocked by who went home.  I figured it would be Barry when they got to the final three.  Granted, only 10 points separated the top couple from the bottom couple, but wow, she was in third and went home.  Just goes to show that the votes are important.

Wipeout – They kind of gave it away with the title of that episode, didn’t they?  They’ve upped the course, and I’m sure we are in for lots of pain this season.  I kind of pegged those two teams to make it to the end.  If it weren’t for the title, I would have thought the Marines would pull it off.  Just shows how hard the course can be.

The Santa Clauses – So many great one liners in the two episodes.  And yes, I’m very intrigued by where they are going with the story.  I think we are in for a fun second season, and I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds.

The Challenge – I was not expecting a double episode.  And here I thought the week might be lighter than it had been.  Anyway, I think it actually helped me track who some of these people are a bit more, but we’ll see next week.  So far, it seems like the USA alliance is staying strong, but we’ll see if that keeps going or not.  I was happy to see them get the max dollar amount on both challenges.  That was a nice change.

Survivor – Kaleb didn’t make it through this week.  I kind of thought he might have only bought himself one more week, but I was hoping.  At least he made the jury.  Now Emily is all by herself.  Who would have thought she’d be the last one from their tribe standing.  And Bruce?  I’m ready to see him go.  I’m just sorry he’s made the jury.

The Amazing Race – I always feel badly for teams that get lost when they are driving.  But at least they are in control of that, unlike when it is a taxi driver that gets them lost.  I felt really badly for that one team in last that got lost and took the wrong fairy and….  Nothing went right for them.  I still love the father and son team.  I think they are my favorite at this point, although the brothers who came in first are a close second.

Loki – Considering how much I hated the first season finale, I wasn’t sure what I’d think here.  I actually really liked this one.  Especially considering the journey that Loki has been on since we first saw him, his sacrifice at the end was pretty powerful.  If this is the end of his character/the series, I’ll be okay with that.  Still not sure we needed the full run time to get there, but the end of the journey was worth it.

Lego Masters – Those bags were mostly creative.  As a summer lover, I’m sorry to see that both of the bottom two bags were summer themed.  I can understand why, however.  And, once again, I can see why the winners won and the loser went home.  I was expecting both as we looked at the bags, in fact.

4 comments:

  1. I don't watch Dancing with the Stars usually, but because of SwiftTok I know there will be a Taylor themed episode. Has it happened yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it hasn't happened yet. I believe that will be the theme for 11/21, but don't quote me on that.

      Delete
  2. You and I are on the same page when it comes to Amazing Race. I love the father/son team and also really like the brothers. I also like the facial hair guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loki's story definitely ended on a high and satisfying note, but I'm going to miss his character. I only started watching Marvel movies just a few years ago and already some of my favorites are gone. I guess that's what I get for being late to the party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.