Friday, November 3, 2023

November 3rd's Friday Post

It's been a couple of weeks, but it is time to return to Friday Posts.  I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56 (on hiatus)
Book Blogger Hop

For the first three, my quotes this week come from The Proof of the Pudding by Rhys Bowen.


This is the seventeenth in her Royal Spyness series with takes place in 1930's England.  This time, we have poison at a dinner party.  And here's how the book begins:

You have probably heard that Darcy and I were expecting a baby in August, but that wasn’t the arrival I was nervous about at that moment.

Who are Lady Georgiana and her husband waiting to arrive?  I'm not going to tell.  Meanwhile, at 56% into the ARC, we find this:

I wasn’t quite sure where to go next with my line of questioning.

Short and sweet.  Honestly, the scene didn't lend itself to good quotes for the Friday 56, but it is an important scene for the mystery.

I'm enjoying this book as always.  I wouldn't be this far into the series if I didn't enjoy it.  The book officially comes out next week, and my review will be up next week (debating about my schedule at the moment.)

Meanwhile, let's jump to the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Have you ever read a Western? If so, do you enjoy the genre?

I've read some Westerns over the years and really enjoyed them.  I've read a couple of mysteries with Western settings in the last few weeks, too.  I'm sure I would enjoy them if I picked up more.  But, as i like to say, I fell into Mystery and can't get out.  Not that I'm trying that hard.

Hope you have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. 17 books? Wow that's quite a long series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently right in the middle of Julia Monroe Begins Again by Rebekah Millet. It's pretty good!
    "Connor's pulsing dot had not been in his dorm room all night long. I knew this because I'd been up at all hours monitoring it. He'd been at a new location I'd never tracked him to."
    The main character, Julia, is a widowed mother of two teens at college. She's a little overprotective, to say the least.
    I hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book. And a good long series to get into.

    I've never read a Western but if there was a mystery element to it I might be interested.
    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/11/03/book-blogger-hop-have-you-ever-read-a-western/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this book! I've neve read a Western though I've watched several movies and enjoyed them. I should try a book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.