Friday, May 2, 2014

May 2nd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Good morning!  I just wasn't feeling like posting last night, so here's this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56 posted on Friday for a change.

This week's book is The Pickled Piper by Mary Ellen Hughes.


I was fortunately enough to get an ARC of this book.  My review will be up on release day - Tuesday, but for now let's just say I enjoyed it.

It begins with:

Piper's phone chirped just as she picked up a six-pack of sweet gherkins.

And from page 56, we get:

Piper picked up a copy of one of the tabloids from a nearby racks and pretended fascination with its latest alien baby headline but flicked her gaze between the newspaper and the burly manager.

And there you have it for another week.  Happy Friday!

16 comments:

  1. Love the beginning. I would go on.....

    Here is my Book Beginning post!!


    Great 56 too!!

    Here is my Friday 56post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the title of this cozy. Also like the Friday 56.

      Delete
    2. Don't cozies have some of the most fun titles?

      Delete
  2. Another 56'er used this book too! It was nice to see a different perspective though!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the book does come out on Tuesday, so I'm not surprised there are a few of us preparing reviews for that date.

      Delete
  3. I used this one too! I just finished reading it and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second time I've seen this book for 56! Absolutely love the cover, and the beginning and 56 have me interested!
    Here's My 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest disappointment with getting the ARC is it doesn't have that cover on it.

      Delete
  5. Love the book's title.

    Glad you enjoyed it.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.