Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ornament Review: It's Snowing Sweetness - Christmas Cupcakes #4 - 2013 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Pretty color combination for wintry feel
Cons: Personally, the blue frosting doesn’t appeal to my appetite
The Bottom Line:
Cupcake that gives chills
Colors invoke winter storm
A visual treat




Wintry Sweetness

Cupcakes seem to be all the rage these days.  I’ve noticed gourmet cupcakes popping up all over the place.  While the appeal seems to be lost on me, I certainly do enjoy looking at the great results in the Christmas Cupcake series by Hallmark.  It's Snowing Sweetness! is the entry for 2013, and it’s another winner.

This ornament has a very wintry feel to it.  The cupcake itself is vanilla, a first for the series.  No, I didn’t taste it, but it is easy to tell from the bits of white poking out from the cupcake holder.  The frosting is a light blue, which matches the dark blue cupcake wrapping.  And coming out of the top is a white snowflake decoration.  There are also big flakes of glitter covering the cupcake.

When you combine all that, you get a picture that will give you shivers, even in the middle of summer.  The blue and the white are very pretty together, and you can just picture a winter snow storm.

On the other hand, the blue frosting is the one thing that doesn’t appeal to me personally.  I’m not a big frosting person, and generally, blue frosting just tastes bland to me.  I look at this ornament and I appreciate the beauty, but I just can’t see eating it.  (You know, maybe that’s a good thing).

This is the first ornament in the series not to be made completely of felt.  While the majority of the ornament still is, the snowflake on top is made from plastic.  And since the hook to hang the ornament is at the top of the snowflake, it is plastic as well.  You'll find the ornament is balanced and hangs perfectly straight.

Naturally, the ornament has a flat bottom since cupcakes also have flat bottoms.  You’ll find the series marker down there.  Since this ornament celebrates winter, you could chose to display it longer than just at Christmas, and the flat bottom makes it easy to do that anywhere you want.

Overall, this is another fun entry to the series.  The wintry feel it gives makes It's Snowing Sweetness! lots of fun.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Christmas Cupcakes series.

Original Price: $9.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.