Monday, May 26, 2014

Ornament Review: Christmas Windows #7 - Chocolate Shop - 2009 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Details.  Plus it's a Chocolate Shop
Cons: A bit more Christmas would be nice
The Bottom Line:
Munching chocolate
Enjoying window display
Could use more Christmas




My Mouth is Watering for a Visit to the Chocolate Shop

Chocolate goes with many holidays.  While it might not be the first thing you think of when you think Christmas sweets, it's definitely a part of that holiday as well.  So visiting a Chocolate Shop makes a great choice for Hallmark's Christmas Windows series.

Since this is one of Tammy Haddix's entries in the series, there is a boy looking in the window.  He's obviously already been in the store since he's eating a candy bar and holding a box of chocolates behind his back.  There's a tag on that box that says "For Mom."  Next to him outside the store is a small Christmas tree with bits of snow on it, garland wrapped around it, and a star on top.

The boy is looking in the window at the display, which features two shelves.  On the lower shelf, there's a snowman and a box of chocolate much like the one he's bought.  On the upper shelf is a train holding various chocolate.

If you turn the ornament around, you can see the chocolate in the train better.  You can also see boxes of chocolate for sale on the shelves behind the window.

Compared to some of the others in the series, this one seems a bit simple.  (Then again, I think I said that about the last one, too.)  It would be nice to see something besides the snowman for the window's Christmas decorations.  After all, that is what the series is about, right?

On the other hand, the detail is still there.  These chocolates are small, yet you can see each one.  I can't tell what kind they are, but they look scrumptious.  I'd gladly sample them.

This is a Christmas ornament, so there is a small brass eyehook on the top of the roof.  With the nice, big flat roof, it's no surprise that hook is positioned such that the ornament hangs level.

I like to display this series on a flat surface, usually under one of my Christmas trees.  That's easy because the display is as flat as the top.  You'll also find the 7 in a Christmas tree on the bottom since this is the seventh in a Hallmark ornament series.

A bit more Christmas would really make this Chocolate Shop ornament stand out, but I still enjoy it.  Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need to go grab some chocolate.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Christmas Windows series.

Original Price: $20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.