Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Friday has rolled around again, so it's time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm going with Middle School novel Evil Spy School by Stuart Gibbs.




This is the third in a very fun series, and the Spy School series will be debuting on the New York Times best seller list on Sunday!  I've been reading Stuart Gibbs since his very first book came out, so I am thrilled for him.  They really are fun for all ages.  I've enjoyed them.

I mean, really, how can you pass up quotes like these.  Here's the opening.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, seven enemy agents in hot pursuit.

I'm going to cheat a little on the Friday 56 and use this quote from page 53 just because I loved it so much.

"So...it's kind of like evil spy school," I said.
Joshua frowned.  "I suppose.  Although we prefer to call it the Wiseman Preparatory Academy."
"Why?"
"Because 'Evil Spy School' sounds a little suspicious, don't you think?"

Seriously, if you are looking to get books for any middle graders in your life for the summer, check out Stuart's books.  I'll be reviewing this one on Sunday.

And if you are looking for the cozies I often feature, be sure to check out the two reviews with giveaways I have going on right now.  There's Musseled Out (which I featured for last week's Book Beginning and Friday 56) and One Foot in the Grape.

4 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this book! I may have to check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a really fun book for middle graders! It' important that books are funny while also having an interesting stories! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of this one! I definitely wouldn't be able to pass it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a whole lotta fun to read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.