Saturday, May 16, 2015

Weekly TV Thoughts - May 16th

Phew, I made it.  Between season finale and The Disney Channel's week long season premier of Girl Meets World, there was a lot of TV to be watched this week.  Glad I got it all in.  But seriously, why couldn't they have scheduled the all week premier for next week?  Consult me next time, okay?

Once Upon a Time – That was just as much fun as I’d hoped it would be.  Seeing everyone switched was great, and the actors obviously had fun playing against type.  I also enjoyed watching where the characters we already knew were going to pop up.  But that ending!  Wasn’t expecting that at all.  It will be interesting to see where they go with this next season.  You can read my full recap here.

Dancing with the Stars – Wow, all of those performances were incredible.  Seriously, anyone could win it.  I expected Noah to be the one to leave, so I was surprised that he stuck around.  Instead it was Derek and his partner.  While I love them, it’s actually nice not to see Derek in the finals for a change.  I don’t know who I’m rooting for to win.  They’re just all so good.

Girl Meets World (5/11) – The best part of that may have been the opening scene talking about Mr. Feeny.  The first scene was pretty funny as well.  Not as impressed with the bakery scenes, although the last scene was very touching.  And I like that Maya’s mom is working there now, too.  I hope we see more of her character.

Castle – I would have been okay with that as a series finale.  Of course, I’m thrilled the show is coming back, however.  And we got a little Castle backstory, which was interesting.  You can read my full recap here.

Girl Meets World (5/12) – Much funnier episode.  I think Maya stole the show with her reaction to the diamond ring, although Riley and Lucas’s awkward date was pretty funny as well.  And what is with Auggie and his weird friends?

The Flash – I’m surprised by what they did with that episode.  What does it mean for next week’s season finale?  And what kind of consequences is Barry about to unleash by trying to save his mom?  So we have the metahumans back out and two people rode in to save the day with Barry.  I’m curious where they will go with this next season and next week.

Agents of SHIELD – Yeah, they have too many characters.  I found myself caring about what happened about half of the time.  I’ll give the show a few episode next season to see if it improves, but I might not stick around.  After all, I’ve got plenty of shows to watch next year. It’s not that the show is bad, it’s just not that great either.

Arrow – So how are they going to come back next year?  Because I could almost feel that being a series finale.  What happened to Ray at the end there?  And how is that going to play into the spin off series?  Can’t wait to hear more about all of that.

Young and Hungry – I’m sorry, but I can’t get over the name of the guy.  Rueben, who makes his living as a sandwich.  Cheesy, but I like it.

Girl Meets World (5/13) – Best episode of the season so far.  Hilarious, and they give Lucas an interesting backstory.  Not completely sure how that fits in with what we learned about him last season.  They really appear to be working on making him an interesting character this season, and I’m very glad to see it.  Still, my favorite scene were the ones at the house.  Everyone had me in stitches.

Survivor – Yes, I feel a little bad for Dan, but only a little.  Mike is a lot more powerful than anyone is giving him credit for being.  Okay, he’s also getting luckier, but still.  And Carolyn definitely knows which side she stands on at this point.  But really, I want whiney Rodney to go next.  Pretty please with a reward on top?

The Odd Couple – So where is Felix going to go from here?  It would be interesting to see him in a relationship.  Was not expecting that this soon into the series.  I’m surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed this show.  Definitely looking forward to it coming back in 2016.

Girl Meets World (5/14) – Oh the tears.  I’m interested to see what they do with Shawn this season since I know Angela is coming back.  They’d better not break Maya’s heart.  That’s all I’m saying.

The Amazing Race – I’m so glad the right team won.  Actually, I would have been okay with the Truck Drivers as well, although they had to keep the streak of the saved team still getting eliminated.  Not that it was there fault at all.  They just had horrid luck with cab drivers.  But the other teams sniped at each other so much, okay, the women did the sniping.  So glad it was Hayley who lost them the race, too.  She so deserved that.

Girl Meets World (5/15) – How could I not see the point they were going for in that episode earlier?  Maybe because I was too busy laughing.  Eric was over the top stupid (I don’t remember him being that stupid before, even in season seven), but it was still so funny.

2 comments:

  1. I'm of a similar mind about Dancing with the Stars. I liked Derek and Nastia but I like seeing the other pros win sometimes. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for as I like everyone who is left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek is super talented, but I feel like he also gets the ones who will easily go far. As you say, it is nice to see someone else going to the final three.

      It really could be any of them at this point. Monday and Tuesday will be interesting to watch.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.