Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 8th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I picked up another new show this week, although this was more because I was stupid not to pick it up from the very beginning.

America Ninja Warrior – I was so bummed from the start.  I wanted the first couple of guys to make it, but you knew they were too early in the run to go far.  There were a lot of great saves tonight where I was sure the person was out, but they managed to make it further.  So happy for Brandon becoming a father soon.  And happy Lance made it all the way to the buzzer this year as well.

Spartan – Why yes, I was rooting for the teams that won again.  I wanted to see the returning champs at least make the next round, and since they were split on two teams, that meant I had to root for both.  And I really wanted to see the dancers advance as well.  I was glad to see the car gone.  That wasn’t much of an obstacle.  The puzzle and the rope climb are much better.  And it was amazing how close the finishes in the first round were.

Hollywood Game Night – I was home sick in May and bored, so I turned on a rerun of this show and I fell in love.  Not sure why I didn’t start earlier.  This was the first time I’d seem games for the entire team up off the couch, and I liked the added dynamic.  All of the games were a hoot.  I think the celebrities playing around took away from game time, but I don’t care.  It’s fun, and that’s all I was looking for.

Battle of the Network Stars – Maybe because I was more prepared for the format (and the summarized events), but I enjoyed this more than the previous week’s episode.  So close, much closer than I thought it was going to be, I must admit.  Not surprised the sex symbols team won, but the reality team gave them a good run for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.